Site issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site issues

Anyone else getting issues trying to use the website?

I'm getting security warnings and problems with how the site appears when trying to access from my Android devices (both Samsung). Admittedly, I've not yet tried from my PC.

yes, it seems to have issues at the moment for me, on both the phone and the computer. This is the first time I have got on to post properly .

Comment

Maybe explains why it's so quiet in here of late?

Comment

Along with issues actually getting the site to load properly, there also seem to be problems with being able to post responses. Sometimes it lets you enter text into the box, other times it does not. Any news from the heady Admin Towers as to what is going on? Has Michael broken Turf!? Or was it the photo of me being really, really good looking? Either way, could Mr Server kindly stop aborting and actually complete the mission!

Comment

Logged on with PC now, and I'm being told the site is not secure and to continue could compromise my PC's security! Come on Admin, what's occurring!?

Comment

Same here all the time this warning pops up :-(

Comment

This needs resolving soon. It's clearly keeping members away, which doesn't look good at the best of times, let alone when a forum is fairly quiet anyway.

Comment

Sorry for the site issues, guys.

I emailed the site owner last week when this became apparent and he contacted me this morning to say that the server management had re-started the servers due to the recently discovered Intel vulnerabilities. He's updated the certificates and all should run smoothly now.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                  Sorry for the site issues, guys.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.
                  We will!

Comment

Would It have been safe to use the forum with the site not secure ? Glad I'ts back up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by chrome View Post
                      Would It have been safe to use the forum with the site not secure ? Glad I'ts back up and running.
                      Didn't worry me too much. I have various security at my end, and don't enter anything classified on here, so I can't imagine it was too unsafe.

Comment

A belated hello back to the site! I wasn't about to try logging on when there was no security cert, so I went cold turkey! Yikes. don't want to do that again!

Comment

And the security warning messages are back!

What is going on with Turf? What with all the security warnings and problems uploading images, I'm starting to consider the previously unimaginable!

Comment

Still, after weeks / months of security warnings on Turf nothing appears to have happened to rectify the situation. What is going on? I'm sure that I'm not the only person that feels this is having a detrimental effect upon Turf, the lack of posts and visitors make this very clear.

So, please, can somebody in a position of Turf power get things back on track? It's such a shame to see the site being reduced to a skeleton of what it once was.

Okay, we might never get back to the heady heights of Turf at its peak, but we at least had something worthwhile, with regular contributions and friends chatting.

That was the great thing about Turf of old, the friendly banter that led to virtual friends becoming real friends and the spirit of commaraderie between fellow fans of horology.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                              Still, after weeks / months of security warnings on Turf nothing appears to have happened to rectify the situation. What is going on? I'm sure that I'm not the only person that feels this is having a detrimental effect upon Turf, the lack of posts and visitors make this very clear.

So, please, can somebody in a position of Turf power get things back on track? It's such a shame to see the site being reduced to a skeleton of what it once was.

Okay, we might never get back to the heady heights of Turf at its peak, but we at least had something worthwhile, with regular contributions and friends chatting.

That was the great thing about Turf of old, the friendly banter that led to virtual friends becoming real friends and the spirit of commaraderie between fellow fans of horology.
                              Totally agree Chris, I still can’t get access on my computer just on my i pad, it feels like I am getting out of touch with some old friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X