"Ullo John, got a new motor..."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ullo John, got a new motor..."

UK TURFers of a certain age will recognise that as the title of a classic song by Alexi Sayle...

Anyway, as the title says, "got a new motor" yesterday - although sadly it's not mine but Sim's.

We changed her ML for the GL and, as you can see from the photos, she's pretty happy!

It's a big beast! Exceptionally refined, too.

I'm really going to have to see how often I can borrow it, but I suspect Sim will hold onto the keys as firmly as many TURFers here do their Second Amendment rights...
    Attached Files

Nice! But, oh, what of the environment?! Or, is this part of your cunning plan to turn Scotland into a warm beach resort?!

Comment

It was near Pontefract. The dealer was in Peterborough and drove 2 hours north, whilst we drove 4 hours south. Hence the lack of winter furs...

Comment

Cool car ! She seems to love it so much she's got hearts coming out of her

Comment

LOL!

Very nice, Harb - will you get a chance to give it a trashing soon? (hope Sim is not reading )
          Last edited by Shane; 19th September 2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Lucky Mrs harb: congratulations on your new toy.

...probably won't show this post to Veronica for a while....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              LOL!

Very nice, Harb - will you get a chance to give it a trashing soon? (hope Sim is not reading )
              Probably safer to go for a drive in Idaho with your windows down...

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                LOL!

I'll try and give it some if I can but I suspect probably the only time I'll drive it is when we're all heading somewhere as a family, so the driving will be a little more restrained.

It is substantially bigger than the old ML, and even dwarfs my Mum's current gen. ML (although hers is the V8 420 and is a real speed machine) but Sim had no problems driving it....apart from nearly side-swiping a van hidden in the driver's side blind-spot . I'm sure she'll get used to it!

I think we'll be v. happy with it. I tend to keep our cars for a relatively long time - the ML was 6 and a half years and had 92k miles on it - and so I think this one will be with us for some time.

Comment

WoW!

Sweet ride. Enjoy

Comment

The Alexi Sayle song was later adpted by Tosiba to sell their Flatter Squarer Tube televisions - 'ello Tosh, got a Toshiba?

Comment

Very nice! Congrats, Bigs!

Comment

Congrats Harbster, looks like a nice safe ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                          The Alexi Sayle song was later adpted by Tosiba to sell their Flatter Squarer Tube televisions - 'ello Tosh, got a Toshiba?
                          Spot on, Chris - and here's that ad...
                          (Isn't YouTube amazing!)

Installed the kids' seats and took Tage for a short drive yesterday. He actually said it was "spectacular"! I'm not entirely sure where he learnt that word...

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                            He actually said it was "spectacular"! I'm not entirely sure where he learnt that word...
                            He's obviously been listening to Louis admiring himself in the mirror!

Comment

i like it very much Harby
                              drive safely mrs H

Comment

Working...
                              X