B. von Munchausen

http://www.propeller.com/story/2009/...ple-sclerosis/

PS: Site not safe for ChrisEdu.

Originally posted by Snooty View Post
    In case you didn't already see this:
    B. von Munchausen

http://www.propeller.com/story/2009/...ple-sclerosis/

PS: Site not safe for ChrisEdu.
    Interesting, although not shocking. Afterall, plaque has been shown to contribute to heart disease. I did think the article was very focussed on MS as an autoimmune disease when there are so many others, including arthritis.

I'm currently freting about my appointment, next week, with the rheumatologist. Scared of what they might say and/or find if they do any further investigations. I'm kind of resigned to them saying that I should go on to methotrexate which I've been resisting for years.

p.s. Snooty, I'm pretty sure that I'm not suffering from Munchausen's syndrome either first hand or by proxy!
    Last edited by ChrisEdu; 27th November 2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Chris,
      Is your arthritis of the rheumatoid variety? Have you been prescibed other drugs for the condition? I think methotrexate is a 3rd-level med. (if you count NSAIDs). Anecdotally, some patients report fewer colds whilst on metho.
      S

PS: Alas, I fear that I am the one suffering from Munchausens...

Comment

Originally posted by Snooty View Post
        Chris,
        Is your arthritis of the rheumatoid variety? Have you been prescibed other drugs for the condition? I think methotrexate is a 3rd-level med. (if you count NSAIDs). Anecdotally, some patients report fewer colds whilst on metho.
        S

PS: Alas, I fear that I am the one suffering from Munchausens...
        Nope - mine is of the psoriatic variety. Interesting idea that some report fewer colds, I've seen lots of reports of patients becoming more prone to them and suffering complications, such as pneumonia.

P.s. - Anyone watched The Adventures of Baron Munchausen?

Comment

Working...
        X