Which films have you been watching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post

Thought (briefly) about you while watching it, as it is set in Berlin.
    You need to go and visit now, then!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reorx View Post
      Saw "The Last Jedi" in 3D over the weekend... I enjoyed it.
      That's what I'll be watching this time tomorrow night!

Comment

• I'll look for your review later...

Comment

• Hitman's Bodyguard

Action comedy about an AAA rated executive protection agent who, after a job goes wrong, ends up protecting anyone.

Meanwhile, a corrupt president is put on trial at the Hague. Unfortunately, witnesses for the trial seem to have a habit of dying. Desperate to get a witness to court, the authorities have no choice other than to make a deal with a hitman. However, those taking him to the trial get killed in an ambush, and so the ex-AAA agent is given the task of getting the hitman, that happened to kill his last executive, to court.

So begins a violent and funny journey from northern England to the Hague.

Lots of swearing, killing and action go together to make a thoroughly enjoyable, if not terribly serious, romp across Europe.

7.5/10

Comment

I'll look for your review later...
            Might be damning it with faint praise if I say it was ok.
            I won't go into it here as that would give spoilers, but my score on leaving the cinema was 6.3/10. I've had a few days to think about it and could probably put that up to 6.5/10

Comment

• Watched Lion last night.

Thought it was a nice story, but a bit dragged out in places whilst lacking details in others.

I was left full of admiration for the couple that adopted the boy and his 'brother'.

The story was certainly heart warming in general, but sad in places and certainly dragged up a few of my issues by the end.

My score: a solid 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                Watched Lion last night.

Thought it was a nice story, but a bit dragged out in places whilst lacking details in others.

I was left full of admiration for the couple that adopted the boy and his 'brother'.

The story was certainly heart warming in general, but sad in places and certainly dragged up a few of my issues by the end.

My score: a solid 8/10
                I haven't seen this but I know the story - absolutely unbelievable, but true!

Comment

• Originally posted by harb View Post

Might be damning it with faint praise if I say it was ok.
                  I won't go into it here as that would give spoilers, but my score on leaving the cinema was 6.3/10. I've had a few days to think about it and could probably put that up to 6.5/10
                  OK then... I thought it was way better than that... I'd give it about a 7.5/10!

In order to avoid spoilers, instead of talking about the movie, let's speculate... so, who is she (or who are her parents?)?

Comment

In order to avoid spoilers, instead of talking about the movie, let's speculate... so, who is she (or who are her parents?)?
                    LOL! Not possible to do that without spoilers!

Comment

• A few days ago, I watched 21 Jump Street and then, last night, saw 22 Jump Street.
                      My wife and I found both films to be absolutely hilarious and really good fun!

Comment

• Just watched American Made with tom cruise last night - very enjoyable

Comment

• Watched Logan last night... not what I was expecting at all but a really enjoyable movie. Bit of a tear-jerker too.

Comment

• Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                            Watched Logan last night... not what I was expecting at all but a really enjoyable movie. Bit of a tear-jerker too.
                            Funnily enough, we also started watching it last night but Sim started feeling sleepy soon after starting so I had to hit the pause button!

We both started watching an episode of "The Orville" but then she fell asleep, so I messed around on my guitar until I broke a string , and then watched most of Spectre (having missed the first 10-15 minutes, or so). Fun to see places we'd been to in Rome that were shown during the car chase!

Comment

• Watched Captain Marvellous the other night. It's a story about a family living off-grid and how the six children are being taught how to survive and educated in numerous world philosophies; cultures, science, etc...

Alas, the mum is bi-polar and had to be sent to hospital for treatment. Unfortunately, during a deep depression she cuts her wrists and dies.

The film then focuses upon the battle between her father's wishes for her funeral and the desire of her husband and children to give her the send-off that she requested in her Will.

It's quitean entertaining film that makes many observations about modern society and the way so many choose to live.

If you decide to view it, keep an ear out for an interesting cover of a Guns n Roses classic.

My rating: 8/10 A thought provoking film with some good humour too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                                Watched Captain Marvellous the other night...
                                I Googled this film but couldn't find it.
                                Found something with a similar name, and then checked IMDb to see if the film may have been released under a different name in different countries:

Also Known As (AKA)
                                Argentina Capitán Fantástico
                                Bulgaria (Bulgarian title) Капитан Фантастик
                                Brazil Capitão Fantástico
                                Canada (French title) Une vie fantastique
                                Chile Capitán Fantástico
                                Germany Captain Fantastic: Einmal Wildnis und zurück
                                Denmark Captain Fantastic: en ualmindelig far
                                Estonia Kapten Fantastiline
                                Spain Captain Fantastic
                                France (alternative title) Captain Fantastic
                                Greece Captain Fantastic
                                Croatia Kapetan Fantastični
                                Israel (Hebrew title) Captain Fantastic
                                Italy Captain Fantastic
                                Lithuania Saunusis kapitonas: gyvenimas be taisykliu
                                Mexico Capitán Fantástico
                                Peru Capitán Fantástico
                                Portugal Capitão Fantástico
                                Serbia Kapetan fantastični
                                Russia Капитан Фантастик
                                Sweden Captain Fantastic
                                Sweden (alternative title) Captain Fantastic - En annorlunda pappa
                                Slovenia Kapitan Fantastični
                                Turkey (Turkish title) Kaptan Fantastik
                                Uruguay (original subtitled version) Capitán Fantástico
                                Now, I'll admit that I'm not great at reading Turkish or Portuguese or Croatian, but I suspect that Fantastik, Fantástico and Fantastični might not translate as "Marvellous"...

Comment

Working...
                                X