Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cakey View Post
    Sausage Party.
    Really on the fence with this one, funny in parts but Lso quite odd, I can see my wife would have been disgusted by the humour but then she prefers rather more docile movies.
    I would say 6/10
    That is one seriously nuts film

Originally posted by cakey View Post
    ​​​​​​Paddington 1 & 2
    Over the Easter weekend we have watched both with the kids, both were fantastic and I would think the second was slightly better.
    Really nice tale which makes me want to get some Paddington books for the kids.

​​​I'm going with a solid 9/10
    It's funny - my wife and I wanted to see these as we've heard they're good fun, but our boys (12 and 9) gave a flat-out No! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by harb View Post

That is one seriously nuts film

It's funny - my wife and I wanted to see these as we've heard they're good fun, but our boys (12 and 9) gave a flat-out No! LOL!

There are a couple bits of Sausage Party that made me roar with laughter , and Salma Hayek as the Taco is brilliant. I could believe it when I found out she is about 50 years old!

Shame about the boys not liking Paddington , definitely worth a watch, evening if its just adults watching

Comment

Shame about the boys not liking Paddington , definitely worth a watch, evening if its just adults watching
        Yeah, we probably will. Sad, huh?!

Comment

• Watched "White Chicks" on TV a couple of nights ago. Preposterous concept, but I honestly could not stop myself from laughing

Comment

• Saw "Avengers: Infinity War" at cinema a few days ago - very good.
            Had seen "Thor: Ragnorok" on TV a few days before - that was a good plan as Infinity War started where Thor ended.

Comment

• Watched "Atomic Blonde" last night - stylish and fun, and Charlize Theron so what's not to like?! 7/10

Lots to watch in the cinema now and coming up - Deadpool 2, Solo and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Comment

There are a couple bits of Sausage Party that made me roar with laughter , and Salma Hayek as the Taco is brilliant. I could believe it when I found out she is about 50 years old!

I tried to watch Sausage Party but gave up after about 10 minutes of being underwhelmed and unamused.

Comment

• Watched "Solo: A Star Wars Story" last night and found it enjoyable and good fun.
                  Alden Ehrenreich does a great job as a young Han Solo and there are lots of easter eggs to keep a fan happy! 7.5/10

Comment

• Just watched Cell on Film 4.

A weird signal through mobile phones turns people into killer zombies.

Not the most original idea for a film and not anywhere near to being the best of the genre, rather it was a total steaming pile of crud😠. 3/10 (generous)

Comment

• Watched "Hurricane Heist" on TV last night - amusingly bad sub-B-movie nonsense but in a fun way! 5.3/10

Also saw "Anon" on TV a couple of weeks ago - stylish production and interesting concept. 6.5/10

Both of these were "Sky Cinema Original Films", ie made by Sky in the same way that Netflix and Amazon create their own content with, as my scores show, variable results.

Comment

• Ghos in the shell.

Hmm....... different. A bit like an organic version of Robocop. I'd be wanting to watch it for some time, and finally got it on disc. An interesting film in some aspects such as the ethical questions it raises. However, overall, I thought it was a bit disappointing and had much more potential.

6.5/10

Comment

• Kingsman - The Golden Circle

This wasn't particularly well received by the critics. However, I rather enjoyed it as a bit of escapism for a bit.
                          The team reunite to fight evil once more in an adventure that does raise a good point or two about drug use amongst the laughs and set fight scenes.

Elton John shows he's a good sport in a cameo appearance.

The film finds our well dressed UK team having to team-up with their less sartorial American cousins to fight a common enemy.

Girls, guns, gadgets and action all abound. Unfortunately, the is a sometimes gratuitous use of expletives, almost, at times, seeming to give the impression that they were trying to see what they could get away with.

7.75/10

Comment

• Saw "American Made" last night. Obviously dramatised, but based on a true story - crazy!! Solid 7/10
                            Fits well with our having recently seen Narcos. In a similar vein, quite fancy watching Sicario (especially as the sequel is soon to be released)

Comment

• Originally posted by harb View Post
                              Saw "American Made" last night. Obviously dramatised, but based on a true story - crazy!! Solid 7/10
                              Fits well with our having recently seen Narcos. In a similar vein, quite fancy watching Sicario (especially as the sequel is soon to be released)
                              I enjoyed American Made. As you said, crazy story!

Interesting also that Tom Cruise did the flying himself!

Comment

• Going to see JWFK tonight - will update later!

Comment

Working...
                                X