Sleeping pills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping pills

Last night, taking the dose of zolpidem prescribed by the GP, the drug had absolutely no discernable effect. As I'm getting desperate for a good night's sleep, I have taken a double dose tonight, and again there's not a lot happening! Arghh!

My last decent sleep was coming when I was mixing quetiapine and alcohol! Trouble is, I am trying my hardest to go the whole month without alcohol, and I'm preferring to stay off the pills, as the knock me out the following day.

Arghh!

Desperation is the easiest way to take an accidental overdose of medication.
    Chris, I'd suggest you contact your GP for follow-up.

Comment

Seconded!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
        Desperation is the easiest way to take an accidental overdose of medication.
        Chris, I'd suggest you contact your GP for follow-up.
        No appointments until November 3rd!

Comment

A tolerance is built up quickly but takes a while to diminish. I used to take Ambien but pretty soon it did nothing and I gave up on it.

Comment

That would be fine if I had taken them for a while, but I haven't! Until recently, other medication had caused drowsiness, due to its tranquilising effects, but I stopped using that about two weeks ago.

I have tried the sleeping tablets for the last two nights as my sleep has been pretty poor again recently. The last good sleep that I had followed taking quetiapine with alcohol!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post

No appointments until November 3rd!
              All surgeries will have emergency appointments on the day or a GP on-call with whom to speak on the phone.
              When speaking to the Receptionist, don't get off the phone until you have been offered one of the above.

Comment

Incidentally, anyone else doing Stoptober and not drinking for the month? I had hoped it might help my weight go down, but so far the opposite is true!

Comment

1. Let's hope you get the meds sorted out.
                  2. I have never bothered with the whole not drinking thing - even for charity.
                  3. Are you compensating for not drinking by snacking more?

Comment

I'm not drinking just to prove that I can do it
                    I don't tend to snack. However, I am very tempted to keep a food diary to see just what I am eating.

Comment

I haven't had a drink after the last Christmas party a couple of years ago when they were free. I have no booze in my home. I'd rather get my calories from eating.

I understand Doc Martin Ellingham is back in business. Maybe you can get in to see him. Give my best to Morwenna.

Comment

I’ve had problems sleeping my whole life and for various reasons I started on sleeping tablets 10 years ago - zopyclone 3.75 but for a while after a horrendous operation I went up to 7.5. I’d go the odd week without them, even two,weeks sometimes but generally I’d take a tablet every other day at a guess. Ive often wondered if their effect has worn off and it’s more a placebo now.

Anyway . . . . . . A few weeks ago I read about Lush’s ‘sleepy’ moisturiser which contains lavender. It’s been getting rave reviews so I bought a pot and put some on just before sleep. No joke, I’ve not had a tablet for 4 weeks now. My sleep isn’t great, it’s improved though and I’ve knocked the habit of the tablets. Maybe worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivalas View Post
                          I’ve had problems sleeping my whole life and for various reasons I started on sleeping tablets 10 years ago - zopyclone 3.75 but for a while after a horrendous operation I went up to 7.5. I’d go the odd week without them, even two,weeks sometimes but generally I’d take a tablet every other day at a guess. Ive often wondered if their effect has worn off and it’s more a placebo now.

Anyway . . . . . . A few weeks ago I read about Lush’s ‘sleepy’ moisturiser which contains lavender. It’s been getting rave reviews so I bought a pot and put some on just before sleep. No joke, I’ve not had a tablet for 4 weeks now. My sleep isn’t great, it’s improved though and I’ve knocked the habit of the tablets. Maybe worth a try.
                          And you've got beautifully soft and fragrant skin!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post

And you've got beautifully soft and fragrant skin!
                            Yes I,have actually - double bubble ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by Vivalas View Post
                              Anyway . . . . . . A few weeks ago I read about Lush’s ‘sleepy’ moisturiser which contains lavender. It’s been getting rave reviews so I bought a pot and put some on just before sleep.
                              Which reminds me of this advert...

Comment

Working...
                              X