A Turfer walks into a shop...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Turfer walks into a shop...

So, this evening I went shopping with 'Er Indoors, with the intention of purchasing some vintage Port. Alas, the store was out of stock, however worry not, I came away with a petrol power washer instead! WTF!?

Chris,

I have to ask what shop actually sells both items?

Comment

Aldi - my wife likes certain items that they sell, and I'd heard about the Port so thought I'd tag along. Considering our home village / town isn't particularly large, we have all the main supermarkets within a few miles, with three within a mile (Waitrose, Sainsbury's, and Aldi).

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
        Chris,

I have to ask what shop actually sells both items?
        LOL--my thought exactly. Your Aldis must be different than the ones in the States--here they only sell off brand food and sketchy looking produce, so the closest to port you'd get is what leaked out of an old grape or two.

Comment

I was after a 40yr old tawny port. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the power washer, especially as it only cost me £100. There is far more brass in its construction than my £500+ Karcher.

Comment

red herring, it's very good to hear from you!
            S

Comment

Likewise, Snooty!

Comment

You should try eating some cheese whilst drinking from the power washer - do let us know how you get on hahaaha

Comment

Working...
                X