Bottled it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottled it!

My first batch of homebrew that is! In total, I got 44 bottles @ 500ml each. I now have to wait a further two weeks for the secondary fermentation process to do its job, then consume the results.

I also completed the apple press this afternoon. I'm now in possession of a device capable of exerting eight tonnes of pressure onto anything hapless, or helpless, enough to be placed under the pressing plate. So far, I have only tested it on, a now rather flat, aerosol can. Hopefully, tomorrow will see it attacking the apples.

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
    My first batch of homebrew that is! In total, I got 44 bottles @ 500ml each. I now have to wait a further two weeks for the secondary fermentation process to do its job, then consume the results.

I also completed the apple press this afternoon. I'm now in possession of a device capable of exerting eight tonnes of pressure onto anything hapless, or helpless, enough to be placed under the pressing plate. So far, I have only tested it on, a now rather flat, aerosol can. Hopefully, tomorrow will see it attacking the apples.
    Too early to bring one up on Thursday then?

Your apple press makes me think of the way one of the Terminators met his fate...........

Comment

Well, four freezer bags of apple pulp had their date with my creation today. As I was pressed for time, it was all I could squeeze in - no point feeling depressed about it.

Anyhow, 8T of pressure soon left the apples feeling flat and the juice pouring out and into the bucket. Turns out that you can get a lot of juice from a seemingly small quantity of apples, as from just this first session, I got just over 5 litres of juices, so no need to feel crushed about it.

​​​​

Comment

Second session of juicing today and another 6-7 litres of juice bottled. There is still enough pulp to produce at least another 7 litres of juice. I did actually try a bit of juice today and found it rather nice. Furthermore, when I emptied some frozen pulp out of the freezer bag, there was a sticky, syrupy residue left at the bottom of the bag. I tried this and found it was gorgeous!
        Anyhow, I have 2 more juicing sessions to go and then I can start the process of preparing the juice for fermentation. It should at least be a very merry start to the new year.

Comment

I recall my first underage adventure with homebrew - i can still remember the shivers and hangover and have never touched it since! Good luck with the brew

Comment

I'm sure my teenage sons won't complain!

Comment

Our en-suite now smells very fruity. Not only have I got 6 gallons of cider fermenting up there, but I've also got a tropical fruits drink fermenting, having bought a load of fruit juice in the supermarket and pouring it into a fermentation barrel along with the necessary extra ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                Our en-suite now smells very fruity. .
                Should stop eating the asparagus!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post

Should stop eating the asparagus!
                  I 'might' be slightly peculiar, but I actually quite like the smell of asparagus pee.

Comment

Racked the cider yesterday (siphoned it to a new container), so took the opportunity to try some. Wowzers! It certainly warms the cockles as it travels through your body!

I now need to let it finish fermentation in its own time, before bottling it and letting it develop to maturity. As things stand now, though, it's all looking pretty promising.

Comment

Working...
                    X