Speeding Ticket.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding Ticket.

Just got a speeding ticket after my visit to Blackpool, no wonder nobody goes to the bloody place, 36 mph in a 30 limit, I ask you 36 bloody miles an hour, I used to be able to run faster. I will never ever go back again, if I had a dog I would kick it and I love dogs. I have tried telling myself it’s payback for all the times I have done 120+ but it’s not helping. I HATE BLACKPOOL. Rant over.

That's a shame, I feel your pain being caught at that speed. It's not so bad if you are caught at a reasonable speed over the limit but 36 in a 30 annoys me.
    I got caught doing a similar speed on a deserted road a few years ago.

Comment

You could look at it as 20% over the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
        You could look at it as 20% over the limit.
        Do you have a clean licence Chris? 😁

When was the 30mph speed limit introduced....and what was the average stopping distance then from 30mph? I bet bobs car stops in a third of that distance......

Comment

I certainly don’t advocate excessive speed in built up areas but apart from the incredible braking systems on most modern cars a lot of them are very good at disguising the actual speed you are doing not may I add to the speed camera but to the driver, it’s very easy to tootle along at 60 when you think you are doing 40 as we all know.
          The last time I was stopped was in my home town about 5 years ago and that was with a policeman with a hand held camera, he flagged me down as I was doing 42 in a 30 limit. He let me off with a caution as he considered the conditions didn’t warrant prosecution, he was able to assess the conditions, unfortunately a big yellow box can not.

Comment

My dad was pulled over by a copper with a hand held camera in the 80s when he was allegedly doing 33 in a 30 zone. The copper spoke to him rather condescendingly for a few minutes, then admitted they gave a 10% allowance due to the reliability of the camera, and let him go

It makes a mockery of the whole thing when there are swathes of London that are down to 20mph limit for no good reason - most cars won't be out of 2nd gear at that speed and could stop on a sixpence if required. Speed fines are a form of hidden taxation.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post

Do you have a clean licence Chris? 😁

When was the 30mph speed limit introduced....and what was the average stopping distance then from 30mph? I bet bobs car stops in a third of that distance......
              Yep - as there are plenty of cameras around here and places where the police often wait.

I know all to well about how easy it is to go too fast in a nice, comfortable, modern car, which is why I'll often use either cruise control or the speed limiter in 30 and 40 zones.

I do tend to agree with the sentiment about police officers being able to use their judgement unlike a box.

Comment

I assume it’s a massive revenue earner for the Police. The last time I drive at home I couldn’t believe how many average speed and other speed cameras were there

Comment

Average speed cameras are nasty. Perhaps, one day with self-driving cars nobody will be able to speed anymore, or they'll automatically report the driver for going too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                    I bet bobs car stops in a third of that distance......
                    The car might. But what about the driver...?
                    Reaction time, awareness?
                    In a 30mph zone, but didn't see the:

Originally posted by bobdog View Post
                    ...big yellow box...
                    Admittedly, being Blackpool, I'm sure there were lots of distractions...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	479.7 KB
ID:	260309 ....

Faux po-faced holier-than-thou'ness now switched off I feel your pain, Bob.

Comment

The funny part was I was in my sons stupid 911 at the time, wasn’t sure I had been flashed so forgot all about it, the ticket went to his home and he ended up with a bollocking off his wife. Every cloud has a silver lining even the ones over bloody Blackpool.

Comment

The funny part was I was in my sons stupid 911 at the time, wasn’t sure I had been flashed so forgot all about it, the ticket went to his home and he ended up with a bollocking off his wife. Every cloud has a silver lining even the ones over bloody Blackpool.
                        LOLOL!! Happy days!

Comment

I take it all back Bob - typical Porsche driver lol 😁

I really want a mint 993 by the way - just messing about - no offence meant!

Comment

I am too old for Porsche now Simon, nothing worse than an old git in a Porsche, doesn’t matter how suave and hip he thinks he is he’s still an old git. In saying that, the first time my son drove the M3CP he frightened the life out of himself.

Comment

Was you offered a speed awareness course ? Instead of a fine and points ?

I was done for speeding in bloody Bournemouth some years back .

I think it's the speed indicated plus 10% that's it

bloody annoying

Comment

Working...
                              X