R BO8 DOG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R BO8 DOG

I see this plate on a new Land Rover this afternoon thought off Bob , I spoke to the owner he gave £250

Well spotted Paul and considerably cheaper than the one I am running.

Comment

Stupid question from me. I see UK cars with plates (often the front) right on the body. How are they attached? Doesn't it harm the paint? Sure doesn't look too good, IMHO.

Comment

Typically with screws into fixing points. Some are applied stickers/vinyl.
        in France they have to be attached with rivets not screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
          Stupid question from me. I see UK cars with plates (often the front) right on the body. How are they attached? Doesn't it harm the paint? Sure doesn't look too good, IMHO.
          On this pic you can see the two screw holes in white where the plate attaches.

Comment

OK but I've seen plates on the bonnet right on the paint.

Comment

Reminds me of something I posted a while back on the "Number plate of the day" thread - https://www.newturfers.com/vb/forum/...ate-of-the-day

[Edit - "a while back" is nearly 3 years!! Time flies...]

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
              OK but I've seen plates on the bonnet right on the paint.
              Yes, those are self-adhesive vinyl plates which are not road-legal - although I think there may be some dispensation when on classic cars:

Comment

Yeah...oddly what prompted my query was seeing such a plate on an E type on "Wheeler Dealers." I'm not much of a car guy but I've always had a weakness for this car.

Comment

You and me both! Nice bit of metal. the E Type!

Comment

Lurvely cars; I would prefer a V-12, coupe (two-seater, only,) please. The E's were notorious rust-buckets here, and were oil-burners from the jump.

I looked a drop-top over on a used car lot back in the day. It looked like shrinking top fabric had cracked the wind screen. Bought a Corvette, instead: Merica!!

Way back in the day, a young blonde (don't get too excited Chris, it was a female,) slid up to the curb with the top down, and a smile. I passed; she was a little too zaftig for me (at the time.) 😎 Probably a big mistake; she may have let me drive. 😢

Comment

Like a lot of young lads of that era it was always my dream car as well as the Mercedes SL pagoda, a friend who was a Jaguar nut bought one a few years ago as a semi restoration project, it was the first time I had been really close up to one and after spending a bit of time with it I was very disappointed, they should be left in the past where they belong.

Comment

Their rear axle assemblies live on in our hot rods. The are very attractive, but in short supply. 😟
                        S

Comment

Working...
                        X