2018 and all that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 and all that

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy, healthy 2018 and also say thanks to those that contribute heavily to this forum for there commitment and insight. Strange year with kickstarter watches featuring heavily in the threads along with the “when am I going to get my steel Rolex sports model” I can only see more of the same in 2018, but with Brexit on the horizon I look forward to the first overseas turf shopping trip and dinner in Dublin where all purchases will be minus 23% VAT and the craic will be fantastic?
    Have a great 2018 and best wishes to you all.

Regards
    Jon

And the same to you, Jon, and, for your contributions to the forum, please enjoy your upgraded status!

Comment

I think that the move towards discussing other brands, including Kickstarter and micro brands can only be a positive move. Indeed, it might be worth us having a board specifically for such brands? I think that having broader coverage reflects the watch market in general and might hopefully allow us to attract some new members in 2018.

I'll reflect the happy new year greetings, and add my own hopes of better health and successful surgical procedures.

Harb, if you're dishing out new / upgraded status to people, where's mine!?

Comment

Yeah, it may be a small forum but quality reigns supreme over quantity. A Happy 2018 to all!

Comment

Happy New Year, I hope everyone gets what they are hunting for in the watch world.
          Myself, I'll be happy to keep what I have! Impending kitchen and heating costs to contend with!

Comment

Happy new year, everyone. We're really living it up as 2018 approaches... watching Jools Holland on the TV. Mind you, Ed Sheeran's singing, and he's a bloke who likes his watches.

Heres to a happy and healthy 2018 for us all

Comment

And a very happy new year to all!

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                Happy new year, everyone. We're really living it up as 2018 approaches... watching Jools Holland on the TV. Mind you, Ed Sheeran's singing, and he's a bloke who likes his watches.

Heres to a happy and healthy 2018 for us all
                Jools rules! Great host and not a bad entertainer either.

Comment

All the best chaps and another vote for Jools.

Comment

And been known to wear a Rolex on occasion......

Comment

Can't help feeling he looks a bit like Alan Partridge in the bottom photo!

Comment

Ah ha!

Comment

Hope you all get at least one new watch this year

Comment

You can be sure of that in my case. I hope the first to land will be the Klynt, though there are others on order from Kickstarter..................

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                              I think that the move towards discussing other brands, including Kickstarter and micro brands can only be a positive move. Indeed, it might be worth us having a board specifically for such brands?
                              They're watches, so the best board upon which to discuss watches is the suitably named Watch Discussion Board.

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                              Harb, if you're dishing out new / upgraded status to people, where's mine!?
                              The way the membership levels work is as follows:

After 2 years + 100 posts, the basic Green membership changes to Gold Level.
                              After 5 years of membership + 250 posts, Platinum Level.
                              And after 10 years of membership + 500 posts, Black Level.

...so you're on the top level, Chris.

The upgrading should be an automatic function on the Forum but it seems to have been messed up after a software update so I do it manually whenever I see the need.
                              If anyone feels they're due an upgrade based on the above criteria, please PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X