London baby!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London baby!

So, I'm back at Guy's Hospital for my first surgery of 2018! Here's the view from my accommodation.

Hope all goes well.

Comment

Good luck, mate! What is it this time?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
        London baby!
        Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
        Good luck, mate! What is it this time?
        Boy or a girl?!

Comment

You’ll be back on your feet in no time. Are the nurses hot?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Are the nurses hot?
            Careful, John, you can't say that sort of stuff anymore.
            Chris might end up with a face full of bed-pan contents before he can say #MeToo...

Comment

Would I ever say anything inappropriate!? Moi!?
              I don't know about the nurses, but there are lots of young totty medical students!

Comment

When I had an operation in Japan there were two nice young nurses stroking my hands during it.

Comment

I had a nurse stroking my hand during a short procedure once. I told her afterwards that we were bonded for life!

@Chris: I hope all went well and that youre back in action in no time.

Comment

When I had my amputation it was at the local Level 1 trauma center named HCMC, Hennepin County Medical Center (or Ho Chi Minh City). My view was of the curtain separating the 2 parts of the room. Later the other guy left and I had a view of the grey exterior of the next wing of the hospital. There are better views in the SuperMax prison.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpycamel View Post
                      I had a nurse stroking my hand during a short procedure once. I told her afterwards that we were bonded for life!
                      Beer, whisky, champagne, wine, anaesthetic pre-med....all seem to similarly boost a chap's chat-up skills...

Comment

I did have a bed bath administered by a rather nice looking blonde (female) nurse. The next night., it was a male Philipino nurse. Luck of the draw, I suppose!

Comment

My son goes in for knee surgery tomorrow. Stay tooned.

Comment

I'm back after three days in hospital and still have my my bodies bits that hang from the torso!

My experience at Guy's was generally a positive one. The nurse in surgical admissions was very nice and friendly.

The anaesthetist was excellent. She was concerned when I told her of my bad experience during my last surgery. To ensure that this time all went comfortably, she gave me gas and numbed the vein before injecting the anaesthetic. It was such a good experience that not only was there no pain at all, but I just went out without even being aware of what was happening.

There was a bit of an issue after the operation though. They got me back to the recovery lounge to recover with everyone else that had been in that day. However, everybody else left well before I came round. It took me circa 5 hours to come round from the surgery.

Whilst on the ward, they confiscated my drugs, including my Tramadol and lorazopam. Unfortunately, they also took my pill organiser that my wife uses to prepare my drugs for the week ahead.

The night nurses were very nice and seemed to be more attentive than the staff during the day. On my first night, I was put on oxygen and IV fluids and pain relief, along with some antibiotics. Unfortunately, as I was struggling to breath they also did an ECG and blood tests - all fine.

The difficulty breathing persisted through my stay and so I was also put on a nubuliser and oxygen again. The other main issue would seem to be a likely case of cellulitis in my hand, probably due to having a couple of fairly large wounds caused by scratching. Fortunately, the cautionary antibiotics that I was given seems be helping reduce the infection, although my hand is still very sore.

The bays on the ward were the largest that I have experienced in my hospital travels. The food was typical hospital fayre, but fortunately I was able to find some chicken dishes and isolate the meat. The coconut and jam sponge pudding with custard was yummy!

So, now I'm home and taking things easy for a while, and counting down the time until the next surgery!

Comment

God bless the NHS. And I'm so gad that we will be getting much more money for it after Brexit.

Good to hear you are going to be well enough to go back under the knife soon............

Comment

Working...
                              X