Knee surgery...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee surgery...

I took my son home yesterday from his knee surgery. He had a torn meniscus and they did an arthroscopic D&C on his knee. Hopefully that will solve the problem. He's able to walk a bit already but was told to lay low for a few days. He is taking a fortnight off from work.

Any nice nurses?

Comment

Not on Medicare.

Comment

That's me on Medicare now, and hopefully I will get good treatment when the time comes. I hope I just wake up dead someday and spare everyone the agony. The ecstasy perspired a long time ago.

Comment

Any kind of surgery sucks. Hopefully it’ll fix the problem.

Comment

The best thing about surgery is the post-anaesthetic giggles. Previously, I've felt very relaxed and silly after operations and wanting hugs from the nurses. Unfortunately, with the recent operation there was none of that. I just woke slowly and found myself on oxygen and having a drip installed. That said, I do vaguely remember flirting with the night nurse.

Comment

When I had my amputation the hospital was more like a prison. The night nurse was not pleasant, but the day shift was ok. But the lack of any outside view, and the gen pop of gang members and police interviews heightened the prison atmosphere. Plus I was immobile. Post op was not pleasant, just foggy. I had 5 operations in 9 days. It was the lowest point of my alleged life. No intense offended but when you are on your back being wheeled into surgery and hear over the PA "Does anyone speak Azerbijaniopian?" you wonder if you're in a 4th world country.

Comment

Must have felt like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                  When I had my amputation the hospital was more like a prison. The night nurse was not pleasant, but the day shift was ok. But the lack of any outside view, and the gen pop of gang members and police interviews heightened the prison atmosphere. Plus I was immobile. Post op was not pleasant, just foggy. I had 5 operations in 9 days. It was the lowest point of my alleged life. No intense offended but when you are on your back being wheeled into surgery and hear over the PA "Does anyone speak Azerbijaniopian?" you wonder if you're in a 4th world country.
                  This was in Ho Chi Minh?

Comment

Sorry, I was attempting a joke. HCMC is a local hospital, Hennepin County Medical Center. It is a level 1 trauma center and it is where the gang shooting victims w/o insurance are taken. It's a rather dismal place, not known for creature comforts. HCMC is referred to as Ho Chi Minh City due to its poor reputation. My injury was local and I spent 2 weeks in HCMC in downtown Minneapolis.

Comment

Sorry, I was attempting a joke. HCMC is a local hospital, Hennepin County Medical Center. It is a level 1 trauma center and it is where the gang shooting victims w/o insurance are taken. It's a rather dismal place, not known for creature comforts. HCMC is referred to as Ho Chi Minh City due to its poor reputation. My injury was local and I spent 2 weeks in HCMC in downtown Minneapolis.
                      Got it. It seemed plausible cause of the amount of bikes in the city and how dangerous it is. If you ever get the chance to go there, don’t - horrible place.

Comment

I think I got a realistic view of Vietnam when watching Anthony Bourdain's trip there to Hanoi (I think). I don't watch him anymore due to his political views. I rarely get out of the county here so don't worry about my travelling to unseemly places! When I was working I'd cross the MS river every day into a different county but no longer. Frankly I never was much for travel, hate airlines, and was uncomfortable in strange places.

Comment

I took my son home yesterday from his knee surgery. He had a torn meniscus and they did an arthroscopic D&C on his knee. Hopefully that will solve the problem. He's able to walk a bit already but was told to lay low for a few days. He is taking a fortnight off from work.
                          Hope he recovers soon, Bob.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes. He is doing well but still seems to have a Baker's cyst. He has a follow up with the Dr next Monday and has a list of queries.

Comment

Best of luck to your son, and his knee! Hopefully, further surgery can be avoided.
                              S

PS: I have had the pleasure of speaking with some extremely beautiful nurses whilst visiting, or in, hospital. I wish I'd been able to take photos. 😢

Comment

Working...
                              X