No announcement yet.

Chris.edu...???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss Chris posting, hope he comes back soon. It's not the same without him

Comment

Agreed and I worry about his physical well-being.

Comment

Come on Chris, it' been too long! Come back and post. I miss your posts and humour!

Comment

Must be something serious. If I read correctly he hasn't signed on in almost 2 months. I've been banned from a few more forums since then, not that I care.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
            Must be something serious. If I read correctly he hasn't signed on in almost 2 months. I've been banned from a few more forums since then, not that I care.
            Ha! What did they ban you for?

Comment

Back in 2001 our 25th wedding anniversary was approaching and I was considering upgrading The Rodentwoman's diamond ring. She's not much into jewelry but my exploration led me to a rather active jewelry (mostly diamond) forum administered by a Russian Physicist. We got into a tiff and I left in about 2005. I perchanced to find the forum again and posted a few things since my son was taking the newer diamond (which the wife didn't really want) as a gift for his GF engagement ring.

UNFORTUNATELY they allow free wheeling politics on that forum and the flotsam and jetsam over there are 99.99% opposed to my views. The constant wading through the "stuff" was tiring so I posted in support of our 2nd amendment and POTUS. I was banned in 3 minutes. Not that I care, frankly. I don't need to listen to biddies whine about their diamonds. I am interested in watches not jewels.

I posit that a passing political remark as I made above is acceptable but forums that turn into 24 hour cable news shows rapidly become colossal wastes of time. The Whigs won't change the minds of the Tories and the pros will never bring the antis to their side.

There were a couple of local firearm forums where I am quite well known due to my vast "arsenal." I know a lot of the guys and many are frankly jealous so I get a lot of ridicule on those forums. I banned THEM. If I have a real firearm issue or query there are several International forums with tens of thousands of very bright folks. No politics allowed there.

Oh yeah, and banned from the "other Rolex forum" twice. Took them a year to find me the second time and I think I gave myself away by re-posting photos. I won't comment on that forum as discretion is the better part of squalor.

Aint I sweet?

Comment

Oh yeah, and banned from the "other Rolex forum" twice. Took them a year to find me the second time and I think I gave myself away by re-posting photos. I won't comment on that forum as discretion is the better part of squalor.

Aint I sweet?
                Some of those forums are too sensitive.

Comment

Back in 2001 our 25th wedding anniversary was approaching and I was considering upgrading The Rodentwoman's diamond ring. She's not much into jewelry but my exploration led me to a rather active jewelry (mostly diamond) forum administered by a Russian Physicist. We got into a tiff and I left in about 2005. I perchanced to find the forum again and posted a few things since my son was taking the newer diamond (which the wife didn't really want) as a gift for his GF engagement ring.

UNFORTUNATELY they allow free wheeling politics on that forum and the flotsam and jetsam over there are 99.99% opposed to my views. The constant wading through the "stuff" was tiring so I posted in support of our 2nd amendment and POTUS. I was banned in 3 minutes. Not that I care, frankly. I don't need to listen to biddies whine about their diamonds. I am interested in watches not jewels.

I posit that a passing political remark as I made above is acceptable but forums that turn into 24 hour cable news shows rapidly become colossal wastes of time. The Whigs won't change the minds of the Tories and the pros will never bring the antis to their side.

There were a couple of local firearm forums where I am quite well known due to my vast "arsenal." I know a lot of the guys and many are frankly jealous so I get a lot of ridicule on those forums. I banned THEM. If I have a real firearm issue or query there are several International forums with tens of thousands of very bright folks. No politics allowed there.

Aint I sweet?
                  I would love to know that jewellery forum just so I could go on there and wind them up!
                  I am not normally like that but I hate not being able to have free speech on a subject so the chance to ruffle a few feathers would be great! 😁

Comment

The site is pricescope.com

FWIW I've spent a lot of time on the Internet over they years, even using dial up for msg boards and using this pre-internet system:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_(protocol)

I think many forums have now degenerated to a core group of "buddies" at the expense of the broader public. These people are "friends" even though many of them have never met. They deride "newbies" and think their post count gives them some superiority or greater credibility. There is a well known Rolex forum that fits well into this, but my purpose isn't to bash other forums because then I am stooping to their level. I am just sharing my experience.

Technology, and social media in particular, have engendered and fed the "need" for affirmation (likes....etc) at the expense of honest discourse and personal relationships. Politically we no longer have "statesmen" but people with Twitter accounts.

Well rant over. I feel this forum is far better than so many of the others I have frequented. I do try to stay on the watch topic for the most part.

Comment

Come on Chris, start posting again!

You are missed!

Comment

I've sent him an email - hope he's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                          I've sent him an email - hope he's ok.
                          Any word?

Comment

Originally posted by Reorx View Post

Any word?
                            I sent him a PM a few days ago but no reply.

Comment

Peek-a-boo!

I'm genuinely touched to know that some of you cared enough to despatch some Russian spies to find me. Alas, it didn't end well for them.

Comment

I bet that's the last time they touched their door handle!

Comment

Working...
                                X