Site been down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site been down?

is it just me or has the site been down a few days? Couldn’t log on.

It has been down for a few days. I'm presuming all back to normal now though.

Comment

Finally working again. That must have been down for about a week!

Comment

I'm blaming Chris 😁😁

Comment

Funny enough I thought of Chris, first spreading a nerve agent then sabotaging the site, not to worry seems back to normal now.

Comment

No idea who owns this site but it’s the second time something’s happened (a few weeks ago it was telling me not to log on here) and it would be a shame if all of a sudden it’s gone. There’s a huge collective knowledge on here and though it’s very quiet nowadays I still like to look in.

Comment

Yep, I missed the forum too! Must have been Russian hacking with Polonium 210.

Comment

Harb,
                Can you tell us what happened to the site? Is there anything that we can do to help get it running again when the site isn't working?
                Does it cost money to fix the problems? Or just time?

Comment

The 2nd time in as many months. A shame really..

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                    Harb,
                    Can you tell us what happened to the site? Is there anything that we can do to help get it running again when the site isn't working?
                    Does it cost money to fix the problems? Or just time?
                    Thanks Simon - a bit of both, actually.
                    Unfortunately, the Mods were in the dark during this outage, too. The site owner was unwell at the time and didn't receive our emails regarding it being down, so a bit of a perfect storm.
                    We plan to discuss contingencies with the owner because, as Vivalas/Stephen says, there's a lot of knowledge here and we need to keep up and running.

On behalf of the Mods, can I say thank you to all Turfers who stick with us through thick and thin

Comment

You are not getting rid of us that easy.

Comment

Yeah, no one else would have us!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

Thanks Simon - a bit of both, actually.
                          Unfortunately, the Mods were in the dark during this outage, too. The site owner was unwell at the time and didn't receive our emails regarding it being down, so a bit of a perfect storm.
                          We plan to discuss contingencies with the owner because, as Vivalas/Stephen says, there's a lot of knowledge here and we need to keep up and running.

On behalf of the Mods, can I say thank you to all Turfers who stick with us through thick and thin
                          harb not wanting to speak out of turn but has the site owner lost interest? Is there anyway we could take it over from them? If it suddenly closed (as I’ve seen happen before) that would be it. The collective would be gone so if something could be put in place to ensure that doesn’t happen that would be a good thing.

i spoke to a friend today whose a member here and he just thought it had shut down as the website wasn’t working. This is the second time and there could be more out there that have thought the same. Again not wanting to speak out of turn (and apologies if I offend all you mods as you probably decided on this) but I think it’s got quieter here since we became a general discussion group rather than more of a focus on Rolex. The site being down could be the end of this for traffic so if we can do something to keep it going that would be great.

Comment

I totally agree with vivalas. I thought the site had shut down. Maybe a few of us could be given an email address of the owner or mods so we could notify if the site went down again?
                            We have loads of mods here but only Harb and Tony seem to use the site any more. Perhaps having some new mods would help?
                            how much would it cost to buy the site?
                            We need to increase traffic and members. Turf was great but is now dying a death....

Comment

Just to say, I don't think there's anything remotely out of turn or offensive in any of the comments made. On the contrary is lovely to see such a genuine concern for the welfare of the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X