X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of nice pens

Here are a couple of my favorites/daily users

Anyone else into them?

I use Mont Blanc Starwalker fountain and ball point pens as my "EDC"... not cheap but lovely quality, and I find the shape and weight to my liking.

Comment

I’ve a couple of Mont Blanc’s as well. Like Tony says not cheap, but lovely to write with.

Comment

I can’t use ballpoint pens anymore. I love how these pens work.

Reminds of mechanical watches on a less complicated level.

Theyre not perfect but I like them. Feels right - looks right.

Comment

I learnt to write with a fountain pen, had a brief foray into rollerballs in my early/mid-teens, and then back to fountain pens in uni.

TBH, I don't write anything at work as we've been fully computerised since probably around 2001.
          My pens are only ever used for signing but like you, John, I can't use ballpoint pens - it takes all my strength not to throw up if I have to...

I'm a big fan of Yard-o-Led, the last handmade English pen-making company.

I've currently got a Grand Viceroy, a hefty chunk of handmade English barley-cut sterling silver gorgeousness...

...and a Retro Grand, made from acrylic resin with an etched guilloche barley-cut pattern that resembles the hard rubber pens of the 1950s upon which this model is based.

I love this brand for their history and utterly classic designs.

My other daily writer was - until a few weeks ago - an all-time classic, the Parker Duofold Centennial....

- a lovely pen!

However, I think I've lost this during the recent bad snows. I remember leaving the house to try and get to work, carrying loads of bags with snowboots, food supplies, blanket etc, and I spotted my pen on the hallway console. I think I remember chucking the pen in one of the bags, knowing I'd get it when I reached work. However, things at work were so mad due to the snow when I reached, I don't remember getting my pen. And I haven't seen it since.

This was given to me in the mid-90s by my parents - with my brothers also getting one each - and I am pretty damn upset. First losing my cufflink, and now this

I'm hopeful it'll turn up somewhere - I really need to have a good look around my car, under seats etc.
          I am usually ultimately careful with my stuff, so these losses are really annoying and upsetting.

Comment

That sucks, Harb. Really hope it turns up.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Thanks, mate. This morning I had an idea that it might have been thrown into my snowboots (well, wellies actually! ) - checked with some faint hope, wasn't there though

Comment

That' a real shame Harb. I have loved the duofold in blue for about 25 years but never bought one. There is something about it that really stands out and appeals.

I have never really looked at pens, not sure why. So many are lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                  That' a real shame Harb. I have loved the duofold in blue for about 25 years but never bought one. There is something about it that really stands out and appeals.
                  Yeah, it is a shame, Simon. I suspect it appeals to you because it is a classic design - not flashy or bling in any way, understated and with history behind it.
                  The more I think about it, the more gutted I feel.

Comment

I was in grade school in the late 50's before there were ball point pens. I used a Scripto cartridge pen, and my brother an Esterbrook fountain pen. My 5th grade teacher made us use a nib pen (with a plastic handle) and an ink bottle. I recall vaguely when the 19 cent BIC pen hit the market. I think I had a Parker T-Ball Jotter at some point. I also had a couple of Osmiroid italic pens in my later teen years.

Comment

Mont Black Meisterstuck 149 for me. The big fat boy of the Mont Blanc bunch. I've only managed to lose two of them so far. Well, one lost, one nicked!

However, I do admit to having a stash of Parker Vector rollerballs, but in DPM pattern camouflage - as collectors pieces really - but also as my daily beaters.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        That' a real shame Harb.
                        Good news!!
                        I've found my pen! Waking up this morning after a pleasantly wine-fuelled dinner at friends' last night, it came to me where the pen must be:

I remember leaving the house to try and get to work, carrying loads of bags with snowboots, food supplies, blanket etc, and I spotted my pen on the hallway console. I think I remember chucking the pen in one of the bags, knowing I'd get it when I reached work. However, things at work were so mad due to the snow when I reached, I don't remember getting my pen. And I haven't seen it since.
                        I'm very careful with my belongings, so what I remembered this morning was that I had taken the pen out of the bag and put it in my car's door pocket. Ordinarily, I wear a suit to work and my pen would normally have gone into my inside pocket. However, due to the weather I was wearing a jumper, so that's why I put it in the door pocket. And then, when I reached work, things were so hectic I forgot all about it!

Until this morning!
                        We'd left the car at our friends' house last night, so Sim drove me to collect it. I was absolutely certain I'd open the door and find it - and there it was!

Now I just need to spot my lost cufflink lying on the ground....

Comment

That' great news harb. Really happy for you

Comment

That's great news harb. Really happy for you
                            Thanks, Simon!

Comment

I am glad you found your pen. I misplace things sometimes. Funny that you always find it in the last place you look.

Comment

Working...
                              X