Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroppy daughter!

Hence the time I have to reply to some post this morning πŸ˜€
    I have been sat for about 45 minutes now whilst my four year old daughter is kicking off about eating hot cross buns.
    Generally she is pretty good but sometimes it just becomes a battle of wills .
    She has just informed me that ' it is going to take hours ' to which I replied I have all day.
    It is quite amusing and all over one hot cross bun.

When one of my kids was a toddler he wouldn't eat his peas. We sat at the table for hours. He won.

Comment

I blame the parents.

Comment

Mmmm, hot cross buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
          When one of my kids was a toddler he wouldn't eat his peas. We sat at the table for hours. He won.
          Gotta choose your battles, is what I've learnt...

Originally posted by cakey View Post
          Hence the time I have to reply to some post this morning πŸ˜€
          I have been sat for about 45 minutes now whilst my four year old daughter is kicking off about eating hot cross buns.
          Generally she is pretty good but sometimes it just becomes a battle of wills .
          She has just informed me that ' it is going to take hours ' to which I replied I have all day.
          It is quite amusing and all over one hot cross bun.
          LOL, that's funny Carl

Also, without wishing to be sacrilegious, just suppose there was a Second Coming...do you think Jesus would be a bit perturbed to see the method of His execution being merrily applied to baked goods? Jus' saying'....

Tasty, though and I hope everyone has had a Happy Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
            How many hours? I think I have managed two hours at least before one of them caved in

Originally posted by bobdog View Post
            I blame the parents.
            I blame the mother - Shes South African!!!

Originally posted by chrome View Post
            Mmmm, hot cross buns.
            Home made as well

Originally posted by harb View Post

Gotta choose your battles, is what I've learnt...

LOL, that's funny Carl

Also, without wishing to be sacrilegious, just suppose there was a Second Coming...do you think Jesus would be a bit perturbed to see the method of His execution being merrily applied to baked goods? Jus' saying'....

Tasty, though and I hope everyone has had a Happy Easter.
            Stepping way out of my comfort zone there Harb, my level of knowledge of religion is pretty low- I just get tasty buns at Easter and I know that even if I am full from Chocolate I DO NOT refuse to try the specially baked hot cross buns - with reference to above- my wife is South African! :S :S

Comment

South African can’t be worse than Australian which my first one was, mad as a box of frogs.

Comment

I don't know, maybe its a Southern hemisphere thing?
                All I know that you think you've done well bagging a 'Worldie' but boy does it come at a price
                I put it down to a mixture of something in the soil and possible some iffy bloodlines- I have to pick and choose my times to discuss it
                She is a good old girl really

Comment

I guess I am lucky not having been in this situation with my 10 and 11 year old. I do wonder if my newborn boy will be like this. Not sure how I would react in a stand off. You have my sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                    I guess I am lucky not having been in this situation with my 10 and 11 year old. I do wonder if my newborn boy will be like this. Not sure how I would react in a stand off. You have my sympathy.
                    Patience and 35 years of pig headed stubbornness against 4!
                    She is trying it on a little at the moment, I think my son had a similar thing around this age.
                    Ironically the food they have at school is a three course meal every day and incredibly varied and they tend to eat it all without fuss. It is just at home she is playing up a bit at the moment . I would rather it that way round than fine at home and nightmare at school

Comment

I don't recall how many hours the standoff took. It was about 25 years ago. Yes you must pick your battles. There are things I wouldn't eat as a kid and I still won't !!

Comment

All I know that you think you've done well bagging a 'Worldie' but boy does it come at a price
                        #humblebrag

Comment

• cakey
                          cakey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          LOL!
                          #notsoclevernow!

I haven't got kids but I remember sitting at the dinner table for hours because I wouldn't eat roast potatoes when I was a kid. I was also made to eat other things only to find out years later that my parents
                        didn't eat what they were trying to feed me, I have no Idea why I never noticed they weren't eating the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by chrome View Post
                          I haven't got kids but I remember sitting at the dinner table for hours because I wouldn't eat roast potatoes when I was a kid. I was also made to eat other things only to find out years later that my parents
                          didn't eat what they were trying to feed me, I have no Idea why I never noticed they weren't eating the stuff.
                          Lol thats brilliant! At least I do not expect the kids to eat what I wouldn't. I'm guessing that you were too deep in battle at the time to realise

Comment

Lol thats brilliant! At least I do not expect the kids to eat what I wouldn't. I'm guessing that you were too deep in battle at the time to realise
                            It's funny you don't notice these things when your young, and then find out your parents are more fussy than I ever was.

Comment

Working...
                            X