Sending watches via post / courier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending watches via post / courier

Hi just looking for advice re sending a £5000 value watch to Europe from uk , best courier use regards covering the watch for loss or damage to the value stated , thanks for any help you can offer

I would imagine that a company like DHL or UPS ought to be able to help. Failing that, Parcelforce?

Comment

I searched high and low for such a courier and couldn't find one. DHL charged a small fortune and then when I read the small print they didn't cover the value anyway. If it bothers you a lot why not look at getting a cheap return flight?

Comment

I wonder if it's possible to take out specific insurance coverage via a third party to cover things in transit?

Comment

I used UPS exspress next day excellent service fully trackable and covers for £5000

Comment

• thekwaze
            thekwaze commented
            Editing a comment
            I have used UPS as well and whilst they delivered on time the insurance did not cover what it was supposed to - I paid around £100 to deliver a £8000 watch and reading small print found it wasn't insured anyway.

Parcel Pro is the "industry standard" but I don't think you can sign up as an individual any longer. A fantastic High St solution is MBE (Mail Boxes Etc). I used them many, many times in the past, and even claimed successfully - and without even the hint of a problem - when a watch went astray en-route to New Zealand.

Comment

ME deliver lots of my auction purchases.

Comment

Working...
            X