And back to A&E!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And back to A&E!

I managed something impressive even by my standards this evening. I'd gone out to check the chickens, which normal enough.

However, our hen house has a stable door and whilst the bottom was open the top was closed. You can see where this is going! Yep; up I stood and bam! One head makes contact with the underside of said door.

But I was finished yet! Staggering backwards I lost my balance and fell back into a bamboo, part of which had been cut right down.

As I'm falling, I reach out with, of course, the arm that only just over 2 weeks ago underwent shoulder surgery! Youch! So, there I am flat on my rear when I think I can feel wetness on my foot. Weird!?

So, I reach down and feel the area. Squidgy and sticky! Yep, blood, and a fair amount. Now the pain hits me! So, bashed head, sore shoulder, injured foot, and I can't get up due to the awkward way in which I have fallen.

To get up, I have to roll myself over onto all fours and then slowly rise, taking the weight on my good side.

I'm now back at A&E as the medical crew felt the wound needs closing and I might well need a tetanus shot, as the area where I fell is covered in chicken $hit!

Who else but me!?

Really sorry to hear you have injured yourself again Chris.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

It's such a shame nobody caught it on video - it would have made a classic You've Been Framed clip!

A&E have cleaned the wound and decided to steristrip it. They did consider gluing it, but decided against so any muck can escape.

It's still throbbing like crazy and bleeding. The bedsheets this morning look like a weird abstract piece of art!

Comment

doesn't sound very pleasant at all Chris! hopefully it all heals up fairly quickly. superglue , silicon and duct tape- essential to fix most things

Comment

I thought a pneumatic nailgun was the key to fixing things.

My wife is going to be pretty annoyed when she sees the blood all over the bedding. It's still soaking through layer after layer of dressings.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
            It's such a shame nobody caught it on video - it would have made a classic You've Been Framed clip!

A&E have cleaned the wound and decided to steristrip it. They did consider gluing it, but decided against so any muck can escape.

It's still throbbing like crazy and bleeding. The bedsheets this morning look like a weird abstract piece of art!
            I think if I followed you round for a week with a video camera I could make enough from you'e been framed to buy myself a new Rolex! 😁

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post

I think if I followed you round for a week with a video camera I could make enough from you'e been framed to buy myself a new Rolex! 😁
              ROTFLMAO!

Sorry, Chris - as Homer Simpson says, "It's funny 'cos it's true"

Hope you recover quickly!

Comment

Yer w@nkers!

Comment

It's just one thing after another! For goodness sake, just admit you are on a 6 figure salary as the elite NHS secret shopper!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                    It's just one thing after another! For goodness sake, just admit you are on a 6 figure salary as the elite NHS secret shopper!
                    Shhh! You'll give the game away!

Comment

- it would have made a classic You've Been Framed clip!
                      Maybe you could consider re staging your slip? £250 and a nice letter from Harry Hill - what's not to like?? Looks like you've been very unlucky with the chicken poop etc....I read it's a great garden fertiliser?

Take more care next time?..and good luck.

Comment

Seem to have escaped infection this time. However, the wound still keeps bleeding and hurting.

As for restating it for £250, no thanks! If I was being paid to do it, we would have to be talking at least a four figure fee.

Comment

Seem to have escaped infection this time. However, the wound still keeps bleeding and hurting.

As for restating it for £250, no thanks! If I was being paid to do it, we would have to be talking at least a four figure fee.
                          Now if we all donated a tenner each..?

Comment

Originally posted by A.I. View Post

Now if we all donated a tenner each..?
                            I could fall off a rooftop or out of a tree.

For just 250, I can offer the staged bike crash service.

Comment

It reads like a script from an old black and white Charlie Chaplin film, hopefully your feeling less pain now.

Comment

Working...
                              X