Kidne stone...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidne stone...

Last Friday I had a 8x5mm kidney stone blasted out of me. I am still in a fair amount of pain with a stent in my ureter. Playing Urethra Franklin music didn't help. I must have the stent removed soon and am not looking forward to that. Of course the internet is full of horror stories. Oh well I could start a thread "Your Stent and Your Rolex" with a photo of a Rolex and a blurry stent in the background.

I freaked out in the recovery room. Upon awaking I had no idea who I was, where I was, or what the MF was happening. All the equipment and bright lights. I swear if the staff were wearing masks you'd have had no tribble convincing me I was in Star Trek's stick bay. What a horrible experience. I was shaken for quite some time. They were all quite blasé about it though.

The Rodentworman dropped off at hospital and I forgot to give her the key fob for the car. She had left it running so she made it home ok and used the spare key to pick me up. The pain from the stone is thankfully gone but whizzing is painful, although improving marginally.

Sorry to hear that, Bob - that's a horrible experience.
    Hope you recover soon.

Comment

I have suffered with them in the past. Awful! Hope you feel better soon

Comment

I'm having my gall bladder scan on Saturday.

Comment

Sounds painful, hope all is good now. perhaps the site needs to be renamed Watch Turf and Surgery.

Comment

I am nervous about getting the stent removed this Friday. They do it w/o sedation of any kind, so how bad can it be. I was told I could drive myself home. I hope it's not a big deal, but I am getting to the point where I just want it out. I hope there isn't too much pain thereafter and I return to normal soon. Compared to Chris I have it easy I guess, but I feel really knocked down by this. I don't do much and certainly don't feel like going to the pistol range, although I did some reloading today.

Comment

Hope it all goes well. I always wonder what it must have been like to have been born a couple of hundred years ago or so. I would have been dead by now.

Comment

I had kidney stones before and fun they arent.

Good luck on Friday Bob. Im sure it wont be as bad as you think.

And good luck on Saturday with your gall bladder scan Chris.

Comment

I have returned from having the stent removed. It was not painful at all, frankly. Just a lot of nervousness on my part. I posit that the 2 Percocet and 2 Xanax that I took helped with that. No big prep deal, no lidocaine. Dr said I'd feel something cold and wet. Guess he had met The Rodentwoman. There was a twinge so to speak when the scope passed the prostate but not much after that. He grabbed onto the stent and in about the time it took me to type this it was removed. I am so relieved I cannot explain. I feel great now, and even though there is some minor pain with urination that is eased by listening to Urethra Franklin music.

Comment

Here's hoping that settles things down for you.

I've got to remember to go for my scan in the morning.

Comment

After a week of getting up every hour to drain the alleged weasel I went to the Dr. I surmised an infection. He concurred based on nitrite(?) level and gave me Keflex. I am now much better and think I am well along the road to recovery. I think in the fall they want to do a prostate biopsy. It aint happening unless they put me under.

Comment

Glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Comment

Finally got around to having my ultrasound on Thursday. Preliminary results were all clear of any stones, enlargement, or other issues.

Comment

That's great Chris!

Dr just called confirming that the culture from the sample did indeed come back with an infection for which Keflex is the proper med. The Dr appreciated that I was insistent and hopefully I will be rid of the infection. I'm better but not yet cured.

Comment

Hopefully, with the correct medication you'll soon be feeling much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X