Is Turf now dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Turf now dead?

There's more conversation and action in a morgue these days. Where has everybody gone? Where are the mods, etc? Shouldn't they be taking a more active role in keeping things ticking over?

It's been quiet in here before, but it feels like things are dropping to a ridiculous level of inactivity, which not only makes it boring for those that do visit, but also doesn't give a good impression to new visitors /potential members.

I will come back when the current certificate issue is resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
      I do wonder what that is all about. I did message Harb about it, but didn't get much of a response. I do wonder how many people are staying away because of it? It's certainly not helping Turf maintain any kind of vibrancy.
      ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
        Bob is right. I have been trying to log in from my phone for 2 weeks and is comes up with a warning saying don't proceed the site isn't safe, your credit card information can be accessed etc.

I had enough so accessed anyhow to see if anybody else had been posting.

A real shame we have issues with the site every few months. It's a free resource so I can't complain, it just drives me to other forums.

Comment

I wonder if this is linked to the problem here!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44937782

Comment

If this is really living dangerously, I'm willing to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
              Is Turf now dead?
              Nope! Unfortunately the security issue is problematic and I'm hoping that it might get sorted soon.

Comment

I’ve not been here for two weeks because it keeps telling me not to. Thought I’d try it anyway. It’s a real shame this keeps happening as I’ve always really enjoyed this site.

Comment

Out of interest, are people seeing the warning across a range of platforms, or is it just a particular platform, ie Android that seems to ve reporting the problem?

I've not experienced the same issue on the one other forum I use that is built upon the same platform.

Comment

Harb, have been in a few hospitals since May 2nd. Dr. made a very costly mistake. Learning to walk again. I VERY much hope that TURF will remain! A world -class forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooty View Post
                      Harb, have been in a few hospitals since May 2nd. Dr. made a very costly mistake. Learning to walk again. I VERY much hope that TURF will remain! A world -class forum.
                      That sounds awful Snooty, how did it happen? Doctor error or just a risk to the surgery?
                      Hope you are feeling better soon, I want to see you restore that C3 you have, lovely cars 😁

Comment

Yo! Snootmeister! My physio was horrified today when I told her what I have been doing since my shoulder surgery! Apparently, I was meant to keep it in a sling for six weeks. Then, I wasn't meant to be playing table tennis after 4 weeks, let alone cutting hedges and lifting heavy furniture! Opps!

Comment

Chris, was this a new person who was completely unaware of your history? If not, how could they possibly not have known that you are the maker of your own rules?

Comment

Lol! I am the rule maker and breaker. If they don't provide me with specific guidance, how am I supposed to know what I'm not meant to be doing?

Comment

If not yet dead, I get the feeling Turf is now in ICU on life support. The security issue has all but stopped visitors from coming. Yet still no word from any of our wigs that are big!

Comment

Working...
                              X