No announcement yet.

Is Turf now dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As mentioned in that other thread, Tony, it's a pity you guys didn't see fit to tell those of us that have been doing our best to support the site a bit earlier. The mods on here have been deafening in their silence, which I'm sure has only contributed to the way things have gone here.

Comment

• learningtofly
      learningtofly commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry if it comes across that way, Chris. We've actually been talking for some time, to ascertain whether there's a way to mitigate a substantial and ongoing financial burden given the membership and traffic that we have. We concluded very recently that there isn't, sadly.

Facebook might not have all the functionality that we're used to, but it's dynamic, and it's fun. It's certainly a good alternative to finding one day that the plug's been pulled here and we have nowhere to go.

Oh, and in answer to my original question then, yes, it does look like this place is now dead, or at least on life support with the plug about to be pulled. Goodbye Turf, we'll miss you.

Comment

I signed up for the FB page. Hopefully I will be successfully vetted and granted membership to this extinguished group.

Comment

Sad to Turf go, not a fan of Facebook, so I haven't decided whether to cross over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by chrome View Post
          Sad to Turf go, not a fan of Facebook, so I haven't decided whether to cross over yet.
          You'll find a few familiar faces over there if you do join us (although it may take a while to realise )

Comment

I'll turn off the lights...

Comment

Working...
            X