Disney brainwashing my kids...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney brainwashing my kids...

Not content with persuading the world that lemmings wantonly commit mass-suicide, Disney are now indoctrinating kids with a song that is played with infuriating regularity on the kids' TV Disney Channel.

"Electric Car" by They Might Be Giants (click for video)
    --------------------------------------
    Electric car on roads so dark
    To change the end rewrite the start
    Electric car so good, so far

Electric car on verdant green
    Invent a turn invent a dream
    Electric car the new machine

(No diesel, steam, or gasoline)
    Let's take a ride in an electric car
    Happiness resides in an electric car
    You can even drive an electric car
    Won't you take a ride with me
    Come on and take a ride with me!!

Click here for full lyrics

-----------------------------------

Now I'm not some rabid enviro-hater and I can just about tolerate the "recycling song", but this blatant politicking and indoctrination of children annoys the hell out of me.

What's worse is that it is a catchy bloody tune and I've heard Tage singing it around the house...Grrr...

They Might Be Giants....you have destroyed any goodwill I might have had for your 1990 hit "Birdhouse in Your Soul"....
    Last edited by harb; 27th May 2010, 11:21 AM.

Don't worry, schools have been brainwashing kids for far longer!

Comment

Welcome to the club Harb!

You're tapping in on what pushed me away from the greenies.

If something's right or good, why would anyone have to propagandise it?

Going after the kids... who was it that said that...if I could just remember...

Comment

Originally posted by yonkyu View Post
        The motto of the Jesuits: "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man."

I believe that's something Michael Jackson was heard to say, too...

Comment

Originally posted by yonkyu View Post
          Gary Glitter?!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
            .... played with infuriating regularity on the kids' TV Disney Channel....
            That right there is your problem Harb.

Switch the bloody thing off and get him outdoors with a bike/dozer/truck/kite or building something with Meccano.

Thomas would be lucky to see 2 hours of TV a week. I came home last night and he's outside in the dark and light rain mucking around in puddles of mud...I did what any self respecting Dad would do, changed into some older clothes and went outside for some mud work (while Terese laughed but was trying so hard to 'tut tut'!!)

Comment

the newer generations are alienated by the amount of gadgets they have it amazes me to see very young kids with cell phones, ipods and laptops, not to mentioned playstations.
              When I was a kid I was allowed to watch TV only during the weekend and never in the morning or after 2100 hours. I was at all times in the open, outdoors etc.
              Technology is important, computers and all that but I think in moderation for young kids

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post
                That right there is your problem Harb.
                Good point, Andrew.
                To be honest, the kids watch relatively little and it's almost like a background noise whilst they are doing something else.

Originally posted by Sharkman View Post
                the newer generations are alienated by the amount of gadgets they have it amazes me to see very young kids with cell phones, ipods and laptops, not to mentioned playstations.
                When I was a kid I was allowed to watch TV only during the weekend and never in the morning or after 2100 hours. I was at all times in the open, outdoors etc.
                Technology is important, computers and all that but I think in moderation for young kids
                Sorry, amigo, but that's the voice of an already out-dated v1.0 human speaking.
                These little ones, when they grow up, will have an innate knowledge of how to work the technology that is already an intrinsic and unavoidable part of our existence.

It was ever thus.
                Right from when the first printing presses started printing books that weren't the Bible, the older generation has always been suspicious of the technology of the younger folk.
                I suspect it's 'cos we're jealous...plus we don't like to admit that we may not completely understand it!

Comment

My kids prefer watching the Cartoon Network, although, they also get forced to watch plenty of Dave and Discovery Channel.

Comment

I am a proud an out-dated v1.0 human. :-)

Comment

I am a proud an out-dated v1.0 human. :-)
                      LOL! Good on you! LOL!

Comment

wait till they get into their 'high' schools and hang out with 'high society' kids
                        brainwashing , pressure etc might force a child actually skip their innocent years ....

Comment

actually with all the digital gadgets that I have, computers, laptop and other toys I am far from an out-dated v1.0 human yet the idea pleases me :-)

I think kids should be at least 16 to have a cell phone.

Comment

actually with all the digital gadgets that I have, computers, laptop and other toys I am far from an out-dated v1.0 human yet the idea pleases me :-)
                            LOL! I know what you mean, amigo!

Comment

Nah! Fer is still v1.0. He might have lots of gadgets but he still operates them with a club!

Comment

Working...
                              X