From the garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the garden

I'm lucky enough to have a couple of woods nearby (well, within a 20 minute drive), and I love wandering around them with my camera. Lately I've not had a lot of time to do so, and consequently I thought I'd pop outside to see what there was in the garden that I might be able to make some artistic use of.

Anyway, I quite liked the result, and hope you enjoy them too.

Very nice and arty. Care to share your camera equipment details (ooeer missus!).

Comment

Lovely

We recently moved and now have a fairly big garden at approx 150ft. Lots of trees. Squirrels nicked all the walnuts one weekend. Just like that a tree full of walnuts became a tree bereft of walnuts

Comment

Originally posted by grumpycamel View Post
        Very nice and arty. Care to share your camera equipment details (ooeer missus!).
        Thanks very much. All the shots were taken with a Sony a7RII and a Sony 90mm macro.

Comment

Originally posted by trainee View Post
          Lovely

We recently moved and now have a fairly big garden at approx 150ft. Lots of trees. Squirrels nicked all the walnuts one weekend. Just like that a tree full of walnuts became a tree bereft of walnuts
          Thanks Fazal. That's a nice sized garden.

Comment

Lovely, Tony. I really like the water droplets pic.
            Thanks for posting - was missing seeing your artistry.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
              Lovely, Tony. I really like the water droplets pic.
              Thanks for posting - was missing seeing your artistry.
              What a nice thing to say, thank you!

Comment

Here's one from my garden.

Comment

Nice photos...

​When this sunflower matured the squirrels jumped on it and ate all the seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                    Nice photos...

​When this sunflower matured the squirrels jumped on it and ate all the seeds.

Where are the grey/white fluffy things from the sky!?

Comment

Originally posted by grumpycamel View Post
                      My late father was a very keen photographer, but I think the digital age was more than he could handle. He was more of a silver bath and film sort of guy....

Anyway, I remember he told me this story once

There was a dinner party one evening in a fine house, to be preceded by a photography exhibition. The photographer was stood by his works and everybody mused and inspected them. Once the exhibition was done they all sat down to dinner and the photographer was explaining his various motivations and affinities to his different pictures.

The head of the table concluded that the pictures was magnificent, and of very high quality. He said to the photographer that he could see, the camera equipment that had been used must of been expensive....

The meal, unfolded as usual, through 3 delicious courses and various tipples and coffees. Everybody was well fed and satisfied, and all palates were catered for.

After the meal, the photographer turned to the host, and said - what a magnificent meal it was. And he understood that the pots and pans, must have cost a lot!

Comment

Lovely photos Tony!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                          Lovely photos Tony!
                          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

My late father was a very keen photographer, but I think the digital age was more than he could handle. He was more of a silver bath and film sort of guy....

Anyway, I remember he told me this story once

There was a dinner party one evening in a fine house, to be preceded by a photography exhibition. The photographer was stood by his works and everybody mused and inspected them. Once the exhibition was done they all sat down to dinner and the photographer was explaining his various motivations and affinities to his different pictures.

The head of the table concluded that the pictures was magnificent, and of very high quality. He said to the photographer that he could see, the camera equipment that had been used must of been expensive....

The meal, unfolded as usual, through 3 delicious courses and various tipples and coffees. Everybody was well fed and satisfied, and all palates were catered for.

After the meal, the photographer turned to the host, and said - what a magnificent meal it was. And he understood that the pots and pans, must have cost a lot!
                            You're quite right, of course - these were taken today on my iPhone, as i drove all the way to a semi-local wood and realised I'd forgotten to put a memory card in my camera! Anyway, interesting that using the portrait mode in IOS 11 is similar to the effect that a macro lens will give you...

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                              I'm lucky enough to have a couple of woods nearby (well, within a 20 minute drive), and I love wandering around them with my camera. Lately I've not had a lot of time to do so, and consequently I thought I'd pop outside to see what there was in the garden that I might be able to make some artistic use of.

Anyway, I quite liked the result, and hope you enjoy them too.

Beautiful shots, were these using your iPhone too?

Comment

Working...
                              X