Show us your snow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your snow

With the white stuff allegedly falling across the UK, show us what you've had. Typically, we've only had the warmer, wetter, liquid version here on my part of the south coast.

Not much here

Comment

Melted in London too quickly to get a pic. Could show you some wet pavements but suspect that could be terribly enlightening.

Comment

From 2 nights ago - just the exercise we needed after a late lunch
        The snowman was about 7' tall and that board in the foreground was what we used to slide the body up on to the base as it was simply too heavy to lift!
        What fun!

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.png Views:	1 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	261198

Comment

Just a sprinkling of snow then!

Comment

I was so hopeful of snow for my birthday, but all I got was rain, rain, rain!

Comment

Central London too. And it was quite warm for most of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                Just a sprinkling of snow then!
                The snow came down pretty heavy that day and I was hopeful that it'd be the start of some proper winter weather.
                Unfortunately, by yesterday morning it was looking somewhat decapitated...

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.png Views:	1 Size:	728.3 KB ID:	261309

Comment

Gone from 7 feet tall to 5 feet or so? Ah, that shrinking feeling! Poor fella!

Comment

Sorry, less than 8" here season to date. About 15" below avg. BUT we have had -20F and a lot lower factoring in wind chill. But we get that every year so it becomes routine. I don't even get the gloves on until below 32F and the heavy coat is still in the closet. Still, the snowblower is ready to go should the need arise, which it surely will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                      Sorry, less than 8" here season to date. About 15" below avg. BUT we have had -20F and a lot lower factoring in wind chill. But we get that every year so it becomes routine. I don't even get the gloves on until below 32F and the heavy coat is still in the closet. Still, the snowblower is ready to go should the need arise, which it surely will.
                      That is pretty hardcore!

Comment

Oddly, we are used to it. I moved from NJ to AZ in 1972 and then to MN in 1979 so I've lived with it awhile! Most of the year is very nice. Summers are not too hot or humid. My biggest issue is handling snow and ice with a pathetic prosthetic leg. That's a real challenge. I fell once a few years ago and ended up in a wheelchair for 3 weeks.

Comment

I do miss the snow ( well at least the first day or two of it) haven’t seen a drop for over 15years

Comment

Originally posted by Broxi View Post
                            I do miss the snow ( well at least the first day or two of it) haven’t seen a drop for over 15years
                            Shouldn't that be a flake!? We've been having drops of snow for weeks; we call it rain!

Comment

Working...
                            X