See less

Show us your snow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on folks, send some snow down to me. We haven't had a snow day for years!

Comment

Here's what we may have tomorrow! Movie taken from my garage, my driveway in the foreground, uncleared. (I think you can provoke the video by clicking on the "photo."

Comment

To paraphrase the Marquis de Sade, that's a big dump.

Comment

Well. we had a flurry of snow in Central London this morning but it didn't last and didn't lay, so as the police tend to say: "nothing to see here". And I didn't bother taking a photo of a wet pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
            Here's what we may have tomorrow! Movie taken from my garage, my driveway in the foreground, uncleared. (I think you can provoke the video by clicking on the "photo."

That's some big snow, do you get this every year ?

Comment

Yes we can count on such snowfalls every year. Our record seasonal snowfall is 98.6" a few years ago. This one was about 13" where I live. It's not really a BFD unless you are hell ben ton going to work; the sensible thing is to stay home. We don't need to go anywhere, so I fired up the snowblower this AM and cleared the driveway. I had to clear part of the road as well since the snow plow drivers were taught by Helen Keller, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Jose Feliciano. They can carry a pop tune but aren't so good behind the wheel. Photos are rather dismal since there is not very good light outside yet. We are hoping for sunshine and temps nearing 30F.

Comment

Here are some better photos now that the sun is out: Not Pullit Surprise winners, but at least no wrist shot in the foreground and a blurry background...

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Thanks for pics, nice blue sky, I feel cold just looking at them.

Comment

It's 25F, so just a sweatshirt for me. Should be over 30 tomorrow and there is already a lot of melting. The road chemicals work well at these temps. Often a Low Pressure system will bring snow and then on the "backside" the CCW circulation hauls down below 0 air from Canada. Not this time! And that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                        Here are some better photos now that the sun is out: Not Pullit Surprise winners, but at least no wrist shot in the foreground and a blurry background...
                        I resemble that remark!

Comment

Here's a summer/fall look at the blue house in the distance that you see in the winter photos just posted.

Comment

That looks really nice, is It as peaceful as the picture looks.

Comment

Yes, the road bends left at the blue house and ends in a cul de sac. To the left of my driveway is another cul de sac. So there's very few cars coming thru here. In the woods behind the blue house were 3 old homes from the 1950's on 3 acre lots. Those acres are now developed with 14 homes. There was a big fight about the development. My room temperature IQ neighbor had all kinds of frivolous complaints such as the smoke from any fireplaces up there would get sucked into his ventilation system. He was a huge PIA at the City Council meeting regarding the rezoning of those acres. Anyway, it's a nice area. We were very lucky to get in here being able to build our new home. Been here 25 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X