X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodentman
    started a topic We DO get summer....

We DO get summer....

We truly DO get summer in MN and it is quite pleasant. or peasant in my case. We have a prickly pear cactus which we got from a coworker when we built the house in 1992. It does quite well. I don't know how, but it manages to survive the winters.

This is the boid feeder that I showed in the winter thread. The cover is now gone, but the pusses were interested in the squirrel.

The backyard in the spring. The white crap is cottonwood tree seeds. They are harmless but they need to be cleaned from the A/C unit and saplings are quite aggressive. You DON'T want these trees where they don't belong, and really you don't want them at all.

• ChrisEdu
    replied
    Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Rodentman
    replied
    Now around Mother's Day we finally have spring...

Leave a comment:

• Rodentman
    replied
    No flowers here in March. April is a pretty good bet, but conventional wisdom is not to plant the garden until Memorial Day when the danger of frost is quite over.

Leave a comment:

• bfltd0
    replied
    Saw some crocuses in North London this afternoon on the way back from our weekend in the country. Does that make it spring?

Leave a comment:

• Rodentman
    replied
    Yes, here in snow country we are anxious for spring and summer. The crocus are the first flower we see in spring, in early April.

Leave a comment:

• chrome
    replied
    Roll on Summer.

Leave a comment:

• Rodentman
    replied
    Yeah, the prickly pears get a reddish fruit. The "tourists" buy prickly pear jelly sold in AZ. I never tried making it, as the process is probably a PIA and it's not that important to me. You can even eat the "leaves" once the spines are removed. I think the native peoples did that. I don't think many people do so now.

Leave a comment:

• mchops
    replied
    Nice pics, can you eat those prickly pears? Never had one here in london. I know you can eat some types, or maybe that just in jungle book .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X