Hastings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hastings

It was my 58th birthday on May 4th, so we decided to pop down to the coast for what turned out to be a glorious weekend. We went to Hastings, in fact - I hadn't been there for about 40 years and it was absolutely lovely. Anyway, I managed to get a few photos before we headed back, so I thought I'd post some of them here. Hope you like them

As somewhere with one of the highest, if not the highest, proportion of elderly people living there, you must have felt right at home!

You should have come to West Sussex, it's much nicer than the East version!

Comment

Great photos, Tony! Thanks for sharing and a belated Happy Birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
        Great photos, Tony! Thanks for sharing and a belated Happy Birthday!
        Cheers, harb

Comment

Now I'm never going to tell you how to take a photo (!)....but...cropping the sky out of the last one gives a perspective-altering optical-illusion type effect.

Which I'm quite sure is exactly the result you were not aiming for...

Comment

Now I'm never going to tell you how to take a photo (!)....but...cropping the sky out of the last one gives a perspective-altering optical-illusion type effect.

Which I'm quite sure is exactly the result you were not aiming for...
            You can certainly assume I knew what I was doing, harb

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post

You can certainly assume I knew what I was doing, harb
              LOL!

Knowing that you have a very particular set of skills (!), I could safely presume rather than having to assume...

Comment

No sign of the battle, apart from a couple who look old enough to have taken part.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                  No sign of the battle, apart from a couple who look old enough to have taken part.
                  That's Hastings for you!

Comment

Just had a fresh look at these - loving the 80s-style graduated filter look! Now you just need some magenta skies for the full effect!

Comment

Just had a fresh look at these - loving the 80s-style graduated filter look! Now you just need some magenta skies for the full effect!
                      Thanks harb - I was actually using something in the Camera Raw menu in Photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                      X