Announcement

Collapse

*Please Read - Guidance to Members on Protecting Ownership of Pictures

To safeguard the authenticity of pictures posted in advertisements, members are advised to consider watermarking or in other ways identifying pictures as their own. They should also consider what details they divulge in their advertisement, eg do not display full serial numbers or identifying characteristics/details unique to the item.

The above is only a brief guidance and members should take safeguards as they deem necessary to prevent their advertisements being used by third parties.

TURF takes no responsibility and has no control over the use, by third parties, of pictures or text posted by members.
See more
See less

Sold: Rolex (Zenith) Daytona 16520

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold: Rolex (Zenith) Daytona 16520

Well, I'm a little tentative abut this as you probably wouldn't find a more reliable investment at the moment, but I'm about to visit NYC and want to free up some funds in case i can source a ceramic 116500 (I know, I'm mad). So...

For sale is a beautiful Zenith Daytona dating from 1994, featuring a mint Mark 3 dial with it's favoured inverted 6. It comes with box, books, wallet, seal and hang tag, but no papers. The watch and 11 link bracelet are in fantastic condition, and I can't see a mark on either save for the lightest of strap changing rubs on the back of the lugs. I'm tempted to call it mint, in fact. (503B end links included, of course, albeit not shown in the photos - also happy to include the alligator strap, as it looks so nice on the watch.)

I bought if from Marc/M&J Watches recently, and it then went back to Marc for a full service (and is warrantied by M&J Watches as a consequence); in fact, it's running well within cost at +1/2 seconds per day so all in all a fantastic example.

I paid £14,250 (and have a receipt for that amount), subsequently had the aforementioned service, and am just looking to recover what I paid (so for sale at £14,250 incl tracked/insured delivery). I think that's very cheap in todays market, and the price will only go north now.

The only trade I'd consider would be for a ceramic Daytona. I'd expect a £1250 cash top up for a white dial, and a £2250 top up for a black dial. It would have to be a mint watch and a full set in either case.

Apologies for the very un-arty photos, but these are straight out of the iPhone as I'm not yet organised enough post-refurb to get the lights out and set everything up.

Last edited by learningtofly; 26th May 2018, 02:10 PM.

That’s a cracker Tony, I think Charlie and Simon were both looking for one of these.

Comment

Thanks Bob - possibly not the right time for Simon, and I owe Craig a PM.

I've added some trade options to the OP, and would also - at a push - consider a really nice white gold 16519. However, I won't be reducing the price as, if it doesn't sell through this listing, I'll just keep and enjoy it for a while. The value will only go one way, anyway.

Comment

Now sold elsewhere, but the usual thanks to Watch Turf for the sales platform.

Comment

Congrats - that is a very hard watch to let go of

Comment

Originally posted by Oryx View Post
            Congrats - that is a very hard watch to let go of
            Thanks, and yes it was - it was meant to be to free up funds to buy a ceramic whilst I'm in NY, but I seem to have bought a ROO diver instead

Should the (Chrono24) sale fall through I'll advise any interested parties here!

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post

Thanks, and yes it was - it was meant to be to free up funds to buy a ceramic whilst I'm in NY, but I seem to have bought a ROO diver instead

Should the (Chrono24) sale fall through I'll advise any interested parties here!
              How do you find Chrono24 for selling?

Comment

Working...
              X