Rolex Service Thread - post times and costs here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Service Thread - post times and costs here

Java/Tim had an idea of a Thread where we can post time-scales that Rolex give us for servicing watches.

That's a good idea and I thought it may also be worthwhile posting costs and the work done as a reference.

We can also post before and after pics although it'd be a good idea to have them both in the same post, ie edit your original post to add an "after" picture.

I'd also request we keep this Thread free of our usual off-topic banter...

Comment

Bought new Daytona on 14th Sept 2010, my Sub was left at AD to be sent for service.
      Now mid Jan 2011 , still waiting. Very disappointed.
      Not the turnaround I was expecting from Rolex or Mappin & Webb.
      Last edited by DH01; 19th January 2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

3 weeks here for a normal service
        daytonas and sd are sent to the head office for service
        sd if you want the full depth abilities that is
        daytonas always are sent
        worst times were 5 weeks for them timewise

Comment

I dropped off a 18239 Day-Date at St James on 17th January, and was quoted 16 weeks for a straight forward service and valet....Ouch!

Comment

http://www.newturfers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5272
            Last edited by Learner; 21st January 2011, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DH01 View Post
              Bought new Daytona on 14th Sept 2010, my Sub was left at AD to be sent for service.
              Now mid Jan 2011 , still waiting. Very disappointed.
              Not the turnaround I was expecting from Rolex or Mappin & Webb.

M and W phoned today, it's back .
              Quite excited about getting it back, always something special about your firstborn !

Comment

Got my Daytona back and it looks fantastic!
                In fact, I don't even remember it looking this good when it was new.

It's so shiny and clean that I almost feel a bit protective towards it...so I now know a bit of what Nairn1980 feels!

I'm sure that'll only last till the first, inevitable, scratch!

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Harb.

In and out in two months is also an impressive improvement on recent results.

Comment

Awesome! I should stop being so protective over my watch - after all it's only a swift(ish) service away from looking as good as new!

Comment

sea dweller

took sea dweller in today told 21 weeks and 350 pounds

Comment

the date has just stuck on my 16610 so it will be going in on wednesday! I think i'm gonna break my rule and let them refinish it... the brush finish is not correct anymore [too many home re brushes!]

Comment

Originally posted by DH01 View Post
                          M and W phoned today, it's back .
                          Quite excited about getting it back, always something special about your firstborn !

Comment

Put my 16610LV in for service, via the local AD yesterday.

They've just had a letter advising that normal service times have officially increased from 16 to 20 weeks.

Roll on June...

Comment

Originally posted by NickIslander View Post
                              Put my 16610LV in for service, via the local AD yesterday.

They've just had a letter advising that normal service times have officially increased from 16 to 20 weeks.
                              Just had a chat with the Service Manager's secretary who in fact read me that very letter. Although the move from Bexley to West Malling went very smoothly, the adverse weather conditions in December and the Xmas/New Year break meant that a backlog built up - apparently, they have 6000 watches currently being processed!

I'd originally phoned to ask whether sending a 16610LV with a black bezel fitted would cause any problems and the answer was that it would not. She then proceeded to tell me that an LV is her daily wearer and she's awaiting a GV! Heartening to hear that there's a WIS in that position!

Comment

Working...
                              X