Rolex Service Thread - post times and costs here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickIslander View Post
    EDIT: Was obviously crossing posts with Harb's answer... again I live and learn Cheers.
    Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by NickIslander View Post
      The main, good, thing is that, in the UK, we seem to be getting back to 9/10 week services this year; maybe not brilliant, but a vast improvement on Bexley late last year and the first Maidstone estimates early this year.

Hi there,

Can I assume that if I got to St James Sq, it is likely that the service will be approx. 9/10 weeks ?

Many thks

Comment

Originally posted by Hemdale View Post
        Hi there,

Can I assume that if I got to St James Sq, it is likely that the service will be approx. 9/10 weeks ?

Many thks
        It might be slightly premature, yet, to assume that turn around time in all cases. Both Harb and I were told that the service time could be up to 20 weeks when we originally submitted our watches to our respective ADs in January.

However, it seems that the RSC has greatly improved its staffing and repair-station capacity in the last few months, so your chances of a 9/10 week return look pretty good on present evidence.

My AD told me that Rolex Maidstone's eventual aim (within 18 months from opening at the end of last year) is 6 weeks for a normal service/refinish.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
            The "T" marking does not mean transitional but is the designation for a case without lug-holes.
            And to quote NickIslander... again I live and learn Cheers Harb!

Comment

Last edited by Alanski; 13th April 2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

US Experiences?

Anyone from the US please feel free to chime in here!

My 14060M Sub should probably go in sometime soon, and I'm curious. I can't believe I've had it over 6 years now!

Who's faster: New York or Texas? Unfortunately, Beverly Hills (only a few miles from me) is no more. Their departure was a very sad day for me.

I'm also wondering if I should skip the polishing. Harb, do you have any thoughts on that?

-James-

Comment

Originally posted by Rolesium View Post
                  I'm also wondering if I should skip the polishing. Harb, do you have any thoughts on that?
                  Personally, I always like to get my watches polished. Those with vintage generally prefer not to.

Comment

12 weeks is long enough

Ladies oyster submitted for repair of broken glass thru' Berry's in Windsor early in February. Quote was quick; 350. Agreed. Told 10-12 weeks. Collected it last week (not repaired) and will take to Hong Kong next week on a business trip. I am confident of repair, service and return within 10 days. I am also confident there is higher Rolex ownership in HK than in UK, and even more confident that productivity in the HK service centre is many times ours. Why do we put up with this? Why does Rolex HQ put up with this? Why doesn't Rolex arrange for transfer to a more efficient service centre in Europe (let alone in the Far East) and avoid the shocking publicity this is attracting?

Comment

For me, the last time I had a Rolex serviced was in Dallas. I am very surprised at the horrible wait times in the UK (16-20 weeks). My experience with the service centers here (both Dallas and NYC) are 3-4 weeks. I've never waited longer than a month and I've serviced many Rolex watches at either of these service centers over the last 15 years or so.

Comment

Rolex UK shocking turnaround times

It appears from other postings in other threads that many people in the UK have similar experience; someone has even said that 10 weeks is "improving"! What is it about the British that makes us so ridiculously understanding and patient? And what is it about Rolex HQ in Switzerland that allows this to continue? Perhaps the Brits should courier their watches to Dallas .....?

Comment

Although in no way wishing to diminish the point of this thread and especially the last few posts... i.e. I agree that, in the UK, we are receiving very slow service and not complaining enough (a fairly common British trait maybe)...

I must admit that it didn't really worry me that my last service was projected to be 18 - 20 weeks (and was actually 15) as long as I knew that it was going to return in a perfect state within a few months.

I understand that time is considered to be extremely long, compared with the rest of the world's service - and is strictly unnecessary - but many of my Rolexes are not worn for months at a time anyway, so it didn't really make much difference to me.

Maybe that's the reason for some of our complacency. Owners of multiple models (particularly multiple watches of the same or similar types, e.g. Subs, Daytonas etc) don't wait with bated breath in the same way as if it's one's only decent watch. Therefore we don't complain.

I fully concede that this should not be used as an excuse by Rolex, though!

Comment

sea dweller service

went for service 16 jan was ready to pick up 5 may 390 pounds
                            new bezel and crystal not too bad i think quoted 20 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                              10 weeks from when given in to the AD (and 5 weeks from when I gave the go-ahead to proceed with work).

Seems like they've shifted up a gear or two!
                              The SD is now back - 19 weeks after going in to the AD and 14 weeks from the go-ahead to proceed.

Almost double the time of the LV that was handed in at the same time I really thought that Rolex has stepped up their game when we got the LV back relatively quickly, but evidently not in this case.
                              Still, my bro has been enjoying the qualities of his Blancpain which had been languishing a bit since he got his SD

Comment

cost

I thought that some where I read service costs had increased dramatically the prices above seam consistent with recent years .

Something like 40% extra

Comment

Working...
                                X