Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently on the waiting list for a black dial Daytona with ceramic bezel. I picked black because I honestly preferred it having tried both colours on in the grey outlets.

(I've always preferred black and have one in zenith 16520 too)

I understand that the white dial has the kudos though, and will be the hardest to find, also it commands an even higher price in the grey outlets... So I thought at least with black, I'd get it sooner

Called my AD to see if I was number 1 yet, as its been a few months.... But... Against all the "forum" hype, it turns out I'm still number 2 - simply because the last 3 they'd received were white!!

Go figure
    Last edited by charlie; 8th October 2017, 03:50 PM.

I think the list is whatever they want It to be.

I'd like a white dial, but don't I'll ever to be able to get hold of one. Not prepared to pay grey prices.

Comment

Hang in there. It's worth the wait

Comment

I was offered a black one at my AD and I wasn't even on the list! I had to have it. It's not my favorite watch (that changes from time to time) but it's an iconic piece. I had a couple of the non ceramic ones but let them go. I like the ceramic much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
          I was offered a black one at my AD and I wasn't even on the list! I had to have it. It's not my favorite watch (that changes from time to time) but it's an iconic piece. I had a couple of the non ceramic ones but let them go. I like the ceramic much better.
          That's great. You obviously have a really good relationship with your AD.
          What is your favourite watch?

Comment

I’ve got the white dial and love it. Cannot see me selling it.

ive managed to get that, the sd43, a Nautilus and the deep sea blue in the last 18 months but don’t think I’d have much chance of getting another Daytona. I’d like the black dial but I think Daytona’s are incredibly hard to get at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivalas View Post

ive managed to get that, the sd43, a Nautilus and the deep sea blue in the last 18 months but don’t think I’d have much chance of getting another Daytona. I’d like the black dial but I think Daytona’s are incredibly hard to get at the moment.
              Quite a haul! Must have a good relationship with the dealer by now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vivalas View Post

ive managed to get that, the sd43, a Nautilus and the deep sea blue in the last 18 months....
                Impressively hoovering up cool watches, Stephen!

Comment

What are Grey Dealers paying for the 500s List is £9100 and Greys are £15+ what would they pay for a BNIB

Comment

I've heard around 13 ish

But I want to keep mine, if I ever get it....

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

Impressively hoovering up cool watches, Stephen!
                      I’ve been fairly fortunate of last harb, all great watches in their own right. However I’m not sure I’m really a Nautilus man!

Comment

My current favorite is my Exp II white dial. My favorite watch seems to change, as I often change my alleged mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X