No Reservoir Dogs here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reservoir Dogs here!

As some members may know, I am interested in and have some examples of jump hour and retrograde watches. So I was quite intrigued to find a manufacturer making a jump hour with retrograde minutes. The base movement is the workhorse ETA 2824-2 but it has a bespoke jump hour module. This module is quite complex (97 pieces) and it has to ensure that it builds up and delivers the right energy so that the hour jumps exactly at the right time without too much bounce. The retrograde minutes covers the majority of the dial but leaves the between 4 and 8 free. This provides space for 2 or 3 elements Firstly, there is the hour window at 6. Below the hour window is the power reserve. On one version, there is a date to the right of the power reserve. The case on all models is 43mm, so quite wearable and the same size as my Christopher Ward and Meistersinger jump hours. The majority are stainless steel, some PVD with one variant in bronze.

Overall, I like the look of these watches. There are three collections, based on cars, planes and maritime design features. One of the more attractive models is the bronze Tiefnmesser, made to look like a boiler gauge in an engine room.

Tiefenmesser Bronze
    This is one of the car-based designs: I like the PR design on this one!

And if you like cockpit-based dials:

The caseback is exhibition but with a slight variation to the round glass.

So what do other TURFers think?

Their website is here:

https://www.reservoir-watch.com/

They are making it quite difficult to resist the temptation to make a day trip to their Paris store and pick one of these babies up!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
      Their website is here:

https://www.reservoir-watch.com/

They are making it quite difficult to resist the temptation to make a day trip to their Paris store and pick one of these babies up!
      I am curious, how long is the drive to Paris?

Comment

It is a 10 minute tube ride to St Pancras station then just over 2 hour train ride to Paris. One of the joys of living in Central London.

Comment

It is a 10 minute tube ride to St Pancras station then just over 2 hour train ride to Paris. One of the joys of living in Central London.
          My wife will be up there Monday/Tuesday, leaving me home alone!!!

Comment

Oh, and I like the first of those designs.

Comment

There's a thought... a Paris GTG!

Like the first one, btw.
              Last edited by learningtofly; 13th October 2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I am actually going over to Amsterdam for a weekend next month with the aim of picking up a Kickstarter watch. The company concerned has done 2 previous watches and had a dinner in Amsterdam each time for backers who want to make the effort to pick their watches up in person and meet the other backers and the creators. It is also a good excuse for a city break with the mrs!

So Paris is nearer and that is a good thought for GTG - definitely up for that!

Comment

I am actually going over to Amsterdam for a weekend next month with the aim of picking up a Kickstarter watch. The company concerned has done 2 previous watches and had a dinner in Amsterdam each time for backers who want to make the effort to pick their watches up in person and meet the other backers and the creators. It is also a good excuse for a city break with the mrs!

So Paris is nearer and that is a good thought for GTG - definitely up for that!
                  Do tell, which watch?

Comment

Very cool. I like that 2nd one best.

Comment

Very cool!

My order of preference of these models: Car, Boat, Plane!

Comment

Yes, the distances between countries in Europe are more akin to state to state travel here. We don't have the train network either, everyone drives, at least in the Midwest. East coast has more mass transit.

Comment

Im probably getting tight in my old age but I think the GT Tour is a bit overpriced for just under 4K Euros......

Comment

I think I agree on the prices. The case is not particularly difficult to produce, the engine is a reasonable ETA but it isn't the world's most expensive, the bespoke jump hour module is an extra cost, sure, but for example the Christopher Ward jump hour was around £1k IIRC. So 4k euros for essentially the same build but admittedly with a retrograde movement and power reserve, does appear a little overpriced.

Comment

Working...
                            X