Bloodhound SSC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodhound SSC

I notice the Bloodhound SSC has the almost inevitable Rolex 'crown' near the cockpit. Is Rolex responsible for providing the timing equipment for the attempt on the record? For that matter does it do the timing at the F1 GP's ? Tennis at Wimbledon? Golf Ryder Cup? Does Tudor have anything to do with the race timings at the WEC?
    944 SE

I assume this project would require a lot of sponsorship and if Rolex wanted to put some money in the pot, why not? Not sure what else they would be contributing.

I for one would not want to go over 1000 mph in that vehicle! One false move at that speed and there would not be enough to bury..................

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
      I assume this project would require a lot of sponsorship and if Rolex wanted to put some money in the pot, why not? Not sure what else they would be contributing.

I for one would not want to go over 1000 mph in that vehicle! One false move at that speed and there would not be enough to bury..................
      Sounds like fun!

Comment

I would love to drive that at 1000mph, such a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
          I would love to drive that at 1000mph, such a rush.
          Thought of you, yesterday, as I overtook a McLaren.

Comment

love that it uses a cosworth f1 engine as its fuel pump. you had to pay £65 to watch the runs in Cornwall and it only went to 200 without the rocket firing

Comment

£65! What distance was that over?

Comment

So the short answer is that nobody knows who does the timing at these major events!
                I notice the TAG emblem appearing from time to time on the premier league football screen
                944SE

Comment

I think It's some old bloke with a 1960's Timex stop watch.

Comment

Just like the TV commercial - marathon runner asking their time of the judge who says, "3.22, or it could have been 4.15. Let's split the difference and call it 4.40".

Hope the old Timex is up to the job - as well as the old bloke's thumb/eye coordination.

Comment

£65! What distance was that over?
                      it gets to 200 mph in 400m give or take and they did 2 runs... and if you joined a very long queue you got Andy Green's autograph

the second day was a disaster as it only hit 185 as some wire melted.

Comment

Originally posted by 944se View Post
                        So the short answer is that nobody knows who does the timing at these major events!
                        The long answer is that probably no-one could be bothered to Google these questions if you couldn't be ar$ed to do it yourself!

So....

do rolex do timing for bloodhound - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=do...hrome&ie=UTF-8

do rolex do timing for formula 1 - https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=....0.TKbXLZkd3jI

do rolex do timing for wimbledon - https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=....0.1l3i2ZJ8bfo

do rolex do timing for ryder cup - https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=....0.WQnZ309CATA

Does Tudor have anything to do with the race timings at the WEC - https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=....0.WQnZ309CATA

I'll let you look at the Search results and find the appropriate ones...
                        In the time it took you to write your post, you could have found the answers

Comment

Harb, i'm sorry to put you out but I'm of an older generation and never thought for a minute of looking on-line. Does it tell you everything including fake news?
                          944SE

Comment

Especially fake news.....................

Comment

Especially fake news.....................
                              Nah - if it's online, it must be true!

Comment

Working...
                              X