New Panerai strap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Panerai strap

I've had my PAM90 since 2002, and in 2004 I bought the only other strap that it's had - a very nice chocolate brown strap from Don Ginsler in Canada - see http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to....pl?pid=211238

13 years later, that strap finally died and I had the opportunity of getting something new.
    I didn't want to spend a great deal but still wanted reasonable quality and spoke to Tony/learningtofly, who put me on to Watch Obsession

They have a superb selection but it was pretty clear what I'd end up with...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Old and new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	259730

The new strap is exactly the same shade and colour as the old one after it had weathered and matured.
    Talk about being a creature of habit!!

Anyway, my Panerai looked good on a recent trip to the motherland...

Name:	Book.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	259731

And here's a photo especially for Bob/Rodentman, as I know he especially lourves this type of composition

Name:	trevi.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	259732

Comment

I can only see the photo of the PAM - I am assuming you posted more but they are not showing on my page.

Comment

Looks great Harb! Luckily for me I have psychic vision

Comment

I can only see the one picture now,earlier there were others and it looked good!
          I am pleased that I am not the only person who buys one Panerai strap at a time and uses that until it falls to bits.
          The original OEM strap had least durability.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
            I can only see the photo of the PAM - I am assuming you posted more but they are not showing on my page.
            Working now?
            Stoopid photo posting

Comment

Still can't see any pics beyond the first

Can't see any Rome pics either

Comment

I would love to respond to the photo but I cannot see any but the first.

Comment

interested to see what you went for Harb. But pics still not working. That said I would strongly recommend Watchobsession
                  I've bought a few straps from them over the last few years and they're very prompt and on one occasion when I ordered the wrong width they were very easy to deal with on the exchange.

Comment

I'll try posting the pics again.
                    Sorry about this - they showed up on my screen on the first and second attempts at posting. Third time lucky...

Comment

Yup, that does it! All 3 are now visible.

Ah - that fountain! How much did you chuck in while making a wish?

Comment

Boy, that original strap looked ever so slightly worn!

Comment

A good innings for the old strap Harb, and well done for not letting the strap craze get hold. I've not been so lucky. I've a few Panerai straps (black and brown croc and assolutamente) but I did get some custom ones made too (rest assured the maker did put holes in them before sending them)

Which then led to a few more!

From this chap http://orloff-straps.blogspot.co.uk/
                          Great service and great prices IMO

The green is one of my favourites - hence why now have two

Comment

I hate seeing leather straps in such distress. The stingray strap on my Dubey is beginning to look a bit worse for wear and probably isn't much longer for this world.

I don't think I'll be buying a replacement from Dubey though, with a new deployment clasp, they're talking about a price circa £500!

So, if anyone can recommend a quality supplier, that might also be able to supply a deployment clasp, and doesn't charge crazy money, I would love to hear about them.

Comment

I have several Vintager straps. They don't deal in deployants though. Quality products...

As yes, the infamous "travel" photo. At least I can recognize some of the background! I'd rather be the only woman on a Greek freighter than see this forum turn into ,,,, you know...

Comment

Working...
                              X