Idle hands again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle hands again

So over on the Omega forum I saw this a few days ago and for the price I had to give it ago.
    Collected it today and I’m very pleased,
    Dates to 1973 and is the 016 variant so can fit the bracelet or a strap to it.
    First battery powered watch I’ve purchased in quite a few years but not to be referred to as a quartz. The second sweep is amazingly smooth.
    The humming sound it a novelty it the moment but can’t see it living in the bedroom at night.

anyone else had/have a f300hz and experience good or bad with it?
    Case still has crisp lines Dial has no pitting or marks

Got plenty of quartz watches but not one of those..........

Nice strap - who makes that? I'm assuming it is a modern rendition of a vintage rally strap.

Comment

Very cool piece of retro horology. I still have memories of my father's red LED watch from the 70s.

I was looking in a jewelers window, yesterday, and noticed a range of Bulova watches that had a very smooth sweeping second hand, but that I'm fairly sure we're using an automatic movement (based upon the fact that their display of Seiko Kinetic watches weren't running).

Comment

Sorry for late reply.
        Nice strap - who makes that? I'm assuming it is a modern rendition of a vintage rally strap.
        I was looking at my old emails to see where I bought it from, I failed. It was initially for my old 1675 when fitted with a Pepsi bezel and I remember it cost me £25
        i saw the idea on Watchclub website who had a gmt on a similar strap and I thought it looked good.
        So far the watch is keeping great time, <2sec since it arrived Friday morning.

Comment

I can see the strap working well on the Pepsi GMT with the red and blue accents. Very nice!

Comment

Looks good, Jonathan!
            Wear it in great health!

Comment

Working...
            X