Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinn 903 ST BE

Hey Guys
    I've been a member for a little while but am more of a longer term lurker on this and other forums. I'm in the market for a SINN 903 Navitimer and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. My collection thus far has been mainly rolex with some other high end brands from Cartier PP, Omega AP, VC, Tudor but having recently sold my CK-2998 I'm missing the panda dial and figure I can get all the Navitimer goodness at a better size and a fraction of the price.

Any thoughts/experiences

no fans then...?

Comment

No experience of them, but Sinn as a brand has a good reputation and there have been a number of owners here in the past.

Comment

The 903 Navitimer has a great panda dial, but the only drawback to it, for me at least, is the very busy slide rule dial. An ingenious solution to a non-existent problem. But I don't know who actually uses that function on their watch.

Sinn is a very respected maker, I would have no qualms in wearing their products.

Comment

I have a bit of a thing for Panda dials hence I’m a little biased. I reluctantly had to give up my CK2998 speedy a few months back and I am lining for another

Comment

Not a panda dial but this is the Sinn I like. Made from submarine steel, the pressure-resistance of the movement is up to 5,000 m diving depth - yes, you read that right! However, the case is rated up to 12,000 m diving depth. Yes you can dive down further than you can climb to the top of Everest and the Sinn case won't break (the diver will though)! And it is only a quartz!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
              Not a panda dial but this is the Sinn I like. Made from submarine steel, the pressure-resistance of the movement is up to 5,000 m diving depth - yes, you read that right! However, the case is rated up to 12,000 m diving depth. Yes you can dive down further than you can climb to the top of Everest and the Sinn case won't break (the diver will though)! And it is only a quartz!

very cool, I'm guessing that a big watch? I am liking what I read about Sinn but I have a strict 41mm or less rule

Comment

Yes, it is 44mm, but you could always have a wrist transplant!

Comment

And you absolutely have to have some rules - just so you can bend them occasionally 😄

Comment

What is it with tiny watch people!? Big is better!
                    If your wrists are too small, bulk up man!!!

Comment

Hahaha - been there done that - SDDS, P.O. XL and AP ROO Novelty but I’m back to a fan of the smaller watch

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                          What is it with tiny watch people!? Big is better!
                          If your wrists are too small, bulk up man!!!
                          Chris,

There's a reason I don't eat that much pizza............ Couldn't get my watches afterwards..........

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post

Chris,

There's a reason I don't eat that much pizza............ Couldn't get my watches afterwards..........
                            Whereas I didn't get this big by starving.

Comment

Originally posted by Broxi View Post
                              Novelty but I’m back to a fan of the smaller watch
                              As are most manufacturers.

I remember when a 44mm Panerai used to be considered over-sized. Now I'd say that it's the top end of the standard range of size for men's watches, ie 40-44mm

Comment

Working...
                              X