Damp wrist syndrome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damp wrist syndrome

Considering most watches are water resistant enough to wear in the bath or washing hair, how many people do? I ask as, for me, I don't tend to as I dislike the dampness under the watch afterwards. Yes, you can take it off afterwards to dry, but then doesn't that seem silly when you could just remove it beforehand and save the bother? It's the same with wedding rings; I don't tend to wear mine as I dislike having wet skin underneath it - well, that's my excuse anyway!

It’s kind of like standing in the shower wearing a cap. I take my watch off to shower and sleep however I have worn a watch swimming and diving

Comment

Never normally wear a watch on the shower unless my work watch is full of muck so may as well give it a clean.
      usually wear a watch in the pool - either the Panerai or my pooldweller,i mean seadweller! 😁

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
        Considering most watches are water resistant enough to wear in the bath or washing hair, how many people do?
        You've seen the pics so you know my answer...

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

You've seen the pics so you know my answer...
          And thank goodness I'm seeing the psychiatrist again tomorrow - those flashbacks!!! Arghhhhh! My mind's eye (s)!

Comment

I take mine off sleeping and bathing, but always wear one in the water at the pool, or beach. The damp towel after showering is pretty much my only method of cleaning them before I put them back on.

Comment

Complicated answer to a relatively simple question!

Simple statement is that I tend to wear my watches 24/7 - EXCEPT:

Any watch with a depth rating of less than 10 ATM and/or any watch with a leather strap goes nowhere near water (apart from hand washing) but will be worn in bed.

Any watch with a depth rating of 10 ATM or more with a metal bracelet will be worn showering and in bed. That includes stuff like the Daytona. Admittedly the Lange B-Uhr at 55m diameter takes up half the bed...........

Comment

Better than a wife though!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                  Better than a wife though!
                  Not in every respect.

Comment

Working...
                  X