Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not so many flippers on here perhaps but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so many flippers on here perhaps but...

What if any watches have you bought then sold only to regret it later?

For the non flippers what watch did you see but never bought and have regretted ever since?

In the former group and regret selling my CK2998 Speedy Panda
    In the latter group I regret not buying a Apollo 35th Anniversary Speedy Panda

Yes I have a Panda problem

I nearly bought a milsub when they were £400!
    I almost bought a Rolex subaqua in about 2000/2001.

I sold a lovely 5508 which I was stupid to have sold.

I sold a few ss Daytonas which I wish I had kept.i also wish I had kept the first 16610lv that I bought, I had a few since but that was the only one I bought new.

Comment

One of our members had a Mr Roboto for sale - I wish I'd got that. There have been others, but I can't remember them.

Comment

I proudly do not consider myself a "flipper" (someone who buy solely with the intent of selling on for a profit). I DID trade an early F serial LV (flat 4) for far less than it is worth now. I regret selling it in retrospect, but how many of us have never made a mistake in life?

Comment

I try to keep as much as possible , but have sold watches , plenty I wish I had kept the one I really miss is a 16520 P series panda full set , It must have been one of the last Zenith produced.

Sold a BNIB 116520 last year £7k same as I paid for it , in 12 months they are asking £10k +

£7k in the bank made £70 wtf !

Comment

Definitely not a flipper, great at buying but hopeless at selling, thankfully my reluctance to sell has seen my little vintage Rolex collection appreciate substantially although I probably won’t see any financial benefit.

Comment

A few regrets. I sold a 5980 in steel some years back. I made some money on it so not all bad. But that was a glorious watch.

Also sold a 16600 for below list price once upon a time. Silly

Also sold a 116520 too cheap

Also sold a 116600 for 6k about a week before they were discontinued. Also silly.

And a few more
              But. I've got a few watches that I'm happy to sit on having resisted the temptation to sell. Among them an unworn LV which is the best Rolex of the last 20 years by some margin.

Comment

Guys

If we could all see the future, we would all be billionaires. I sold 16600s, 16610s, 16710s for list or less, some to members of this forum, but bought them to flip them so made tiny amounts of cash.

I sold a lovely 5508 I got restored, but I bought it for remarkably little then sold it for remarkably much and couldn't resist the temptation. That has left me without a Sub with no crown guards in the collection, so I wish I had kept it. Replacing it now is pretty expensive.

Otherwise I have just sat on my collection and whatever (theoretical) gain or loss I have made, it has been by complete inertia. I take no credit for doing nothing.

Comment

I regret not buying a Rolex GMT when they were £2350 ish, in about 2003 I think.

Comment

I have few regrets, I have to say... a wonderful Ed White Speedmaster, an equally wonderful Series 1 Zenith de Luca, a couple of 1655 Great Whites and a white gold Daytona 16519. Generally, I'm happy with the decisions I make, and I'm far less inclined to act on impulse these days anyway.
                    Last edited by learningtofly; 10th December 2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                      I have few regrets, I have tov say... a wonderful Ed White Speedmaster, an equally wonderful Series 1 Zenith de Luca, a couple of 1655 Great Whites and a white gold Daytona 16519. Generally, I'm happy with the decisions i make, and I'm far less inclined to act on impulse these days anyway.
                      But did you do it your way?

Comment

Working...
                      X