X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about this one - doesn’t every collection need a Seiko

The blue dial is a stunner in the flesh

Comment

This watch is really catching my eye and despite believing every collection needs a Seiko Diver I'm struggling to comprehend the price. To many this may appear a simple case of brand snobbery however I've had my fair share of Seiko's over the years and rate them highly as a value proposition. The larger reinterpretation of the same watch namely the SPB 051 and 053 models look great and are more competitively priced but break my 1 year old no bigger than 41mm size threshold and having been offered the above I am swithering.

Any feedback or thoughts from owners. is it worth the money?

Comment

41mm isn't all that big - go large and enjoy.

Comment

Nice - gorgeous dial and yes, a nice automatic Seiko deserves a place in a collection.

Comment

Assuming that's a Prospex, it is a different beast from the majority of the Seiko offerings. But a good one.

Comment

I will post another thread about picking up my IWC Big Pilot at 46.2mm. I had long harboured naughty thoughts about getting one these but was absolutely certain that it would be too big for my wrist. But as it turns out, it isn't, even for my relatively small wrists. So I wouldn't be so hard and fast on the 41mm rule - just try it on and see!.

Plus this Seiko is a valid recreation of a vintage classic. A bit expensive, admittedly, but try finding an original in the same condition!

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for Seiko as a brand and I know what you mean about every collection needing a Seiko Diver.
                However, I've never found a space for one in my collection - I was close to pulling the trigger on a Yao modified SX007 a few years, but never did...

This one, though, is a whole different proposition. You clearly know your way around watches, so, as the old saying goes, if it floats your boat...

I look forward to the new watch wristshot thread...

Comment

I just have a problem with Seiko, I still can't get away from the bargain basement image!
                  I would have thought rather than having a GS brand they would have named the brand completely differently, a bit like Toyota named Lexus to their premium cars.
                  To me a Seiko was a watch I wore as a 10 year old.........an Argos special.....

Comment

Well, I have a couple! A 1st Generation chrono and a 2nd generation - both UK forces issued. And both quartz. So not even in the same ball-park as your smart Seiko!

My database shows me I bought a "Seiko GMT" to tide me over when I sent a Rolex away for a service, but I seem to have lost that somewhere along the way!

Comment

Nice watch, and better value than the 62Mas reissue for sure! (And yes, ever collection needs a Seiko!)

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                        Nice watch, and better value than the 62Mas reissue for sure! (And yes, ever collection needs a Seiko!)
                        Hmmm, if only i hadn't tried on the 62MAS...

Comment

Working...
                        X