Hobby Diversification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Diversification

As i reach the end game of collecting watches I have over the last 12 months diversified a little by branching into horological related tools, books and Art. This has turned into a bit of a hobby corner and thought I would share it with the community.

Like watches i have went through a few tools and books and traded my way up. Does anyone else collect such things or even dabble in basic watch repairs etc?

I have a few watch books. However, after one or two viewings, they migrate to the bookshelf in my study where they remain, looking good with all my other out-of-date reference books...

Comment

I'm intrigued by that item on the left. What is it?

Comment

Hi Chris -It’s a circa 1860s German Rounding/topping tool. It’s complete and in working order however for me it’s simply a display piece. It is a tool in which to round off / top the teeth on a toothed cog
        https://youtu.be/09c-JyEhoiM
        i used to have a number of vintage watch making tools. Look up watch makers lathes topping tools, setting tools etc on eBay. It’s a whole hobby in itself

Comment

Very cool. I'd love to have a desk like that someday, rather than one where it's neigh impossible to see its surface!

Comment

I have a few watch-related knick-knacks but they have no permanent home. I have just succeeded in hanging my Milsub print in my living room, although I would prefer it in a proper man-cave......

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
              I have a few watch-related knickers around my knackers but they have no permanent home. I have just succeeded in hanging my Milsub print in my living room, although I would prefer it in a lady's man-cave......
              That explains several things:
              1) why you were walking funny the other evening,
              2) why that waitress slapped you when you showed her that picture and explained where you wanted to put it.

Comment

Interesting bit of editing there Chris....................

Fake news, nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

I'm sure I don't know what you're on about.

Comment

Ha ha! Love the desk photo - I wish I had the space to do something similar!

Comment

Working...
                    X