Tudor quality!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tudor quality!?

I was in my authorised dealer today and had a look at the new Tudor Heritage Black Bay Chrono on a brown leather strap.

It was a very nice watch and one I'd be happy to own, except there was one small detail that seemed out of place.

As I'm sure we're all familiar with chronographs, the 60 units per hour mark is always found over the 12 marker, as one per minute = 60.

However, the watch I was viewing would appear to be faulty, as the 60 mark was offset about 3 minutes right of 12.

When I raised this, the assistant seemed rather flustered and tried convincing me that it must be for a reason for it and went to check their other one. Lo and behold, the same issue.

So, fakes? Bad quality control? New thinking? What's going on? Should I buy them both as collectables to flip for a profit!?

Must be bad quality control, I'll look in my local ad tomorrow to see If they line up.

Comment

So it doesn't look like this, there must be a problem somewhere! And it is of course a non-adjustable bezel, so basically, it's stuffed! Putting it politely, of course. May well be worth getting one for curiosity's sake - and in 20 years time, like the tropical dials, it will be as sought after as the Paul Newman's Paul Newman.................

Comment

Nope - the 60 was over the 2 or 3 minute marker. It was quite noticeable to me; I'm surprised, if not slightly dismayd, that nobody at Tudor or the dealership had noticed.

Comment

Had a look yesterday in Ad, some lined up and some were slightly offset.

Comment

Originally posted by chrome View Post
            Had a look yesterday in Ad, some lined up and some were slightly offset.
            Sounds like Tudor have either got an issue with quality control then, or somehow fakes have managed to infiltrate the supply chain!

Did you ask the dealer about the wonky tachymeter scale?

Comment

I didn't ask the dealer as i was sorting out something else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040534 (2).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	261341

Very happy with the quality of this.

Comment

The LHD is an excellent looker as well as a great timekeeper. The cream hands and markers are so vintage, as is the roulette date wheel. Great choice. What number did you get on the back? Mine is in the 900s.

Comment

Watch is so light and very comfortable, mine is in the 3000s.

Comment

Shame you didn’t get a picture Chris. I’ve only owned one Tudor Pelagos but I was very happy with the quality. I find it quite worrying that they could let something so simple get past their Qc

Comment

Originally posted by Broxi View Post
                      Shame you didn’t get a picture Chris. I’ve only owned one Tudor Pelagos but I was very happy with the quality. I find it quite worrying that they could let something so simple get past their Qc
                      Yeah - I'm kicking myself for not thinking to take a photo; I think that I was just too amazed at what I was seeing.

Comment

Went back to the dealer today and asked about the watches. According to the dealer, they weren't 'faulty' but have been returned to Tudor.

Comment

Sounds like a product recall to me - on the QT!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                            Sounds like a product recall to me - on the QT!
                            Yeah. Has me wondering whether they might have become collectable examples?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post

Yeah. Has me wondering whether they might have become collectable examples?
                              Would have done, I suspect, bit like the 16550 cream dials or the various tropical dials.....

Quick fix though, just pop the bezel off and back on (in the right place of course). So you won't see those again, I suspect!

Comment

Working...
                              X