Seiko Alpinist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko Alpinist

Just ordered one. Whilst somewhat smaller than I'd normally wear, 38mm, I have just ordered a green sunburst dial version of this Seiko icon.

A few photos of what is on order. I just love that deep green sunburst dial, I think it's gorgeous.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2peXxZmMKnI

Comment

Looks nice. I just was deformed of yet another delay with the new YES watch. They now discovered that the case leaks like a sieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
          Looks nice. I just was deformed of yet another delay with the new YES watch. They now discovered that the case leaks like a sieve.
          Didn't realise it was a diver!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
            Just ordered one. Whilst somewhat smaller than I'd normally wear, 38mm, I have just ordered a green sunburst dial version of this Seiko icon.
            38mm but I'm sure that it wears smaller in real life due to the large rehaut and small-looking dial.
            You're a big fellow, Chris - this is going to look tiny on you.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

38mm but I'm sure that it wears smaller in real life due to the large rehaut and small-looking dial.
              You're a big fellow, Chris - this is going to look tiny on you.
              Yeah, but you know that I love a laugh! Pea - drum anyone!?

If I decide that it's really too small for me to wear, I'll either give it to one of my sons, or sell it. The nice thing about the Alpinist is that it is a popular model.

Comment

Yeah, the YES watch isn't a diver. The spec is 10ATM water resistance but they found out it leaked. This is what the mfr said:

"To feed the rechargeable battery power, two through the back plate connection pins are used. To prevent a short these pins must be insulated. They are held in place with a small plastic collar and epoxied in place. Earlier watch samples had tested fine but the mass production needed a better epoxy procedure to ensure water resistance throughout the production run.

Nathan hauled back to the China factory and this Friday he will have new back plates in Hong Kong in order to complete the first assembly and ship them to California. He is pretty sure I will have them by the end of next week. We are ready to start shipping right away."

FWIW I would never submerge such a watch, but if they want it 10ARM water resistance, that's OK. Just longer to wait. April will be a year.
                (It is rechargeable via a USB connection).

Comment

A friend owns one of these and it’s quite a stunner. Congrats on a nice pick up

Comment

It's arrived, and it really is a stunner! There's just one small problem, it's on a 20cm strap, that's to say total length including the watch. I can barely squeeze it onto my wrist! I think that the problem is that the lug-to-lug length is a bit less than some of my other watches, so the overall length is down; plus the strap is very stiff. I'm thinking a nice NATO or something would look really nice on it.

I'll post a review later; once my ears stop ringing and I can think straight!

Comment

I'll post a review later; once my ears stop ringing and...
                      ...blood flow has returned to your hand.

Comment

I suspect that I might be just a tad larger than the Alpinist target market. To them, they'd probably climb me whilst wearing said watch!

Comment

I suspect that I might be just a tad larger than the Alpinist target market. To them, they'd probably climb me whilst wearing said watch!
                          LOL!

Comment

Okay chaps, now listen carefully. Now see here, this brown leather strap thingy just isn't going to it for this watch, so we need to find a suitable replacement. We need to synchronise lug widths at 20mm and a length of approximately 22cm.

The chaps in charge aren't too concerned about material choices, but the colouration must be tasteful and not loud and clashing.

Over to you lads!

Comment

I can offer up a variety of NATOs in different colours.............I will bring some when we meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X