Baselworld 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baselworld 2018

So is anyone else interested in visiting Baselworld in 2018? It looks like they are reducing the 2018 edition by two days and cutting prices for exhibitors, following several years of exhibitor and attendance declines. This year it will be shortened to six days, March 22 – 27, 2018.

Probably a good time to think about booking accommodation, if so.

My plan would be to fly out in the evening of Thursday 22nd March and spend the Friday and Saturday wandering around the fair before flying back on the Saturday evening. It works quite well as there is a bus from the convention centre straight to the airport.

Anyone interested in tagging along or meeting up out there?

Sounds very tempting, but goodness only knows what condition, or how many pieces, I'm going to be in by then!

Comment

Which airport would you use to fly out?

Comment

Depends on whichever carrier offers the cheapest flight.

Comment

I went about 11 years ago and loved it. I left it too late to get accomodation so i flew out early morning and back late that night. I really enjoyed it but wish I had stayed over.

Comment

I did two days this year and it was too short. But there will be half the number of exhibitors next time.

Comment

How come, fewer exhibitors?

Comment

What's accommodation availability and cost like?

Comment

Depends on what level you desire. Availability goes very quickly. Airbnb sorted 2 nights for me last March, although not exactly luxurious, But I was only going to sleep there, so i wasn't fussed.

Comment

Always been on my wish list. Dubai Watch week is another alas I have never been to either.
                    Looking forward to plenty pics and wrist shots if you make it

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                      How come, fewer exhibitors?
                      They have said attendance has been steadily down for the last few years. Seems like 2017 ended up being a good year for some companies but i do not know how the industry did as a whole.

Comment

Alas, I'm not going to be able to go, as I'm due for more surgery on March 12th.
                        Maybe next year!

Comment

Oh well, the Mrs is hinting she would like to go................

Comment

Working...
                          X