Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection to start 2018.

Happy New Year all.

How about a thread showing your collection at the beginning of 2018 that stays open until next year 2019 in where you then quote your first post and show a then an now collection picture.
    Think of it as therapy for flippers 😂
    i’ll start with my wife and i’s Collection on 1st January
    Last edited by Broxi; 1st January 2018, 04:17 AM.

Very nice, and some beauties there for sure.

Here's mine as it stands today; apologies that the Fifty Fathoms and Speedy 60th Anniversary are images taken from the Internet. I simply haven't had a chance to shoot them myself just yet.

Bea has a few as well - a 16600 Sea-Dweller, a steel and gold Datejust, a Nomos Club, a Junghans Max Bill and a Perrelet double-rotor.

Last edited by learningtofly; 1st January 2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Can't quite fit my watches onto one photo. A spreedsheet is what I use.

Comment

Wonderful , thx for sharing

I will try to take a pic of my little collection

Comment

Lol Mike!

Mine remains fairly static at 16600, 116610LV, 216570 white. Wife has a 16610LV.

Got an important interview coming up and if I get the job, will probably treat myself to actually wearing my harrods black bay which will also double up as a fifth wedding anniversary present. Incidentally, the number of my watch out of 100 corresponds to 5 multiplied by the date on which we married which is quite cool I think. Wife will get a federer dial steel and gold DJ II for anniversary although she doesn't know it.

Pam671 and AP skeleton will probably remain unworn for the moment. I'd love to wear both but feel I need to achieve something before I treat myself.

Comment

Love the sea dweller Broxi. What an under rated watch. I sold one unworn for 6k (!!!!!!!) about a week before it was discontinued.

And Tony.....love the pics as usual. My fave is the 5711. Quite possibly the best nautilus in current production. Would love to land one. But see above.....need to justify it with some sort of milestone!

Comment

Not quite the collection but here's one that arrived recently and I haven't posted it before. So it is the Tudor Black Bay without rotating bezel - so not a diver but the dressier version.

Comment

Here's another shot:

Comment

Oh hold on a minute, there seems to be a disproportionate echo in my camera.

Comment

So call me an old Tudor enthusiast, but I got the BB36 at the end of 2016 and it is delightful. It harks back to the days of the 36mm Datejust, with a time only, fixed smooth bezel, The major difference is the vintage wording on the dial and the iconic snowflake hands. And when the opportunity arose at the end of 2017 to pick up a BB41 to make a matched pair, I couldn't resist it.

As my first "luxury" wrist piece was a 36mm Rolex Datejust which was my daily beater for 4 years, I have never felt too worried about the relatively small (by modern standards) diameter of the BB36 and the dial is clean, clear and very legible indeed. The BB41 is more of the same, just brought into the current size trend.

Interesting that the crown tube on both of these pieces stands proud of the case so the crowns don't actually screw down to the case, which doesn't affect the waterproofing but is a minor aesthetic point.

Comment

Can't compete with you guys but here's my offering.

Comment

• strafer_kid
                        strafer_kid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very nice indeed!

Box of old tat.

Buy some newer stuff, why don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                        Oh hold on a minute, there seems to be a disproportionate echo in my camera.
                        Lovely. Yours and yours or yours and hers?

I don't know the whole Tudor range. Definitely a lot of bang for buck. Arguably best bang for buck in today's market

Comment

Originally posted by bobdog View Post
                          Can't compete with you guys but here's my offering.
                          Delightful

Tough to pick a favourite. But mine would be the gilt dial GMT

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                            Box of old tat.

Buy some newer stuff, why don't you?
                            Agreed but the box is half decent.

Comment

Working...
                            X