Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your most “interesting “ watches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your most “interesting “ watches?

Here are two of mine. I like them. I like wearing watches people have never seen before.

That's a lovely pair you have there! (Not the first time I have used that line )

When you say 'interesting,' it depends what you mean by that. There's interesting visually and then there's interesting historically, for example. Ultimately, it's a subjective measure down to each person's interpretation and interests.

That said, from my collection, I'd say that my Klynt is interesting aesthetically; the Horage is technically interesting; the Seiko Alpinist is for its heritage / history; and the Dubey for its rarity,, unusual design and the beauty of the movement.

Of course, the Submariner could also be included if thinking about heritage, but I guess they're a bit passé to be included.
    Last edited by ChrisEdu; 6th January 2018, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Very nice collection. As Chris mentions it is different things to different people. In some I enjoy the movement through a display case back with some or the way the light catches a dial through others. I find my moonphase particularly interesting as it is less commonplace

Comment

My most interesting complication is the JLC Perpetual Calendar.

The one that has an interesting history for me is my PP 5196 - the direct descendent of the original Calatrava Ref. 96.
        Have a look at this post on old TURF which shows the evolution of this classic model - http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...w.pl?tid=40859

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
          My most interesting complication is the JLC Perpetual Calendar.

The one that has an interesting history for me is my PP 5196 - the direct descendent of the original Calatrava Ref. 96.
          Have a look at this post on old TURF which shows the evolution of this classic model - http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...w.pl?tid=40859
          intersting Watch Harb - is it still with you?

the JLC perpetual is also a stunner

Comment

Originally posted by Broxi View Post

intersting Watch Harb - is it still with you?

the JLC perpetual is also a stunner
            Thanks, Broxi - yes, I still have the PP. I bought it when my elder son was born, as I had clearly fallen for the "You never actually own a PP...." adverting blurb!
            I chose it as was, for me, the epitome of the dress watch.

And the JLC has, to my mind, one of the most well-balanced dials for this complication on any watch.

Comment

Continuing on the JLC train, my Master Compressor Memovox gets more comments (which I assume means it's more interesting) than anything else I own, probably because
              of all the mysterious protrusions and the slightly asymmetrical dial.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wa-ml jlc4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	261730

Comment

Harb, that Patek is such a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing watch.

Comment

I think my most interesting watch is the one I am in the process of acquiring.................................every time I acquire one.

Comment

Originally posted by xelor View Post
                    Harb, that Patek is such a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing watch.
                    Thanks Sunil!

Comment

This one, maybe. I await the issue of the McPutin...

Comment

Didn't see one of those when I was in Moscow...........Lots of golden arches from the real MaccyDs though. And cheaper than the London branches.

Comment

Working...
                        X