Watch collecting websites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch collecting websites

This seems to be quite a small forum with only a few contributors. What other sites and forums do you visit in which to get your horology fix?

I don't really venture off elsewhere, as this is a much friendlier place than many others.

That said, there are plenty of other places around to visit, amongst which are:

Kickstarter
    WatchUSeek
    Worn and Wound
    and many others. (Sorry, I'm really not very well right now - just had paramedics out - so my memory is struggling to recall the sites)

Comment

I hope you feel much better soon. I just envisaged this strange scene with you being attended too by paramedics whilst keeping a steely grip on your watch turf laptop!

get well soon

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time! I once posted whilst waiting for an ambulance to take me to intensive care!

I have literally just spoken to a doctor an they're sending the paramedics to get me. The fear is that I might very well have developed cellulitis in my face, under my eye, plus my face is swelling infront of my ear.

Comment

Originally posted by Broxi View Post
          This seems to be quite a small forum with only a few contributors.
          True. However, Turf used to be one of the largest watch forums on the net and is certainly one of the oldest. In fact, we could literally be considered to be the father or grandfather of other forums - ie due to people leaving here and setting up their own forums, and then leaving there and setting up again! That's why you may have noticed that many forums have similar board titles/set-ups to Turf.

I don't go anywhere else, though. Amongst the users here there is a wealth of knowledge of Rolexes, old and new, and other brands. And, as Chris said, it's generally a more friendly and more polite place we have here than many other watch sites.

Comment

I also tend to frequent TZ UK which is a large forum with a lot of members, many use it for the heavily used Sale section which at times can resemble e-bay but nevertheless nice articles can be acquired.Probably a bit unfair to say it’s not as friendly as here but because of the large membership you are bound to get idiots and it can be interesting watching how things unfold. As has been said this is the most friendly and I consider many on here as long distance friends.

Comment

not a forum but i subscribe to watchtime magazine and look at the grey seller sites to see what's about

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with Harb. I won't mention any sites but you will have no trouble finding the BS forum, populated by wealthy Braggarts and Showoffs, with that group as the core clique. They get a lot of posts, but only the core is going to hang around. Folks get tired of it and drop out as regular contributors.

Comment

Same as everyone else so far. I only frequent this forum. It's simply the best, better than all the rest..............Damn, I have that tune in my head now!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                    Same as everyone else so far. I only frequent this forum. It's simply the best, better than all the rest..............Damn, I have that tune in my head now!
                    You swine! Now that tune is in my head, too!

Comment

I look at the TZ UK but I'm not a member, and I look at the grey dealer sites.

Comment

Originally posted by chrome View Post
                        I look at the TZ UK but I'm not a member, and I look at the grey dealer sites.
                        Likewise, I look at tz UK some interesting posts but not somewheres I would want to join .I also look most days on 'on the dash' for Heuer related stuff.
                        Here is the main place for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X