Potential trade deal...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential trade deal...

I am considering trading my TT Datejust with black MOP dial and some $ for a TT Skydweller. My AD has the TT SkyD's with white, black and champagne dials priced at $17,150 MSRP. Of course it depends on how much $ I will need to expectorate. I like the DJ so I am not anxious to part with it, but for the right deal I'd like the SkyD more and am willing to let it go. Frankly I think they're going to want too much. But it's something to think about.

I would do that depending on the $

started to warm to the Skydwellers

Comment

Yeah, it all depends on the $$. I could go there or call but they said they'd call me. I don't want to seem too anxious. The 3 TT SkyD's have sat there for months, and today is the last day of Jan. If they want to get the sale in today's business I suspect they'll call. This is the DJ:

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

I’ve really taken to the skydweller. Was going to get the blue one but the white came up and as I’ve a view black and blue dials thought I’d go for it. Quite stunning in the flesh (poor photo). I’d go for it.

Comment

I've only seen the black face steel version, but was very impressed. I haven't seen any in AD windows though.

Comment

The one I am after is the TT version which doesn't retail for too much more than the SS, which is impossible to find at an AD. My AD got 1 since they were released. I am hoping for a discount as well on the TT model. They haven't called yet and I am not planning on calling them lest I seem too anxious to deal. I can live with the DJ, it's really nice. I wish the Sky D were TT rose gold, then it would be a no brainer. If they don't call I'll just let the deal evaporate.

Comment

I am holding out for the SS Skydewller, but there was one TT version for sale for only £100 over list. If it had been the black dial, I may have been tempted but it wasn't, so I wasn't.

If they call, I would go for it.

Comment

I think i prefer the black dial

Comment

Doubt it will happen. My research indicates that the demand for TT DJ's isn't equal to the sport models. I found a used example of my DJ selling for about 8.6k so I would get less than that and probably very little discount if any on the Sky D. I won't give up my DJ and 10k for the Sky D. I like the DJ too much to take that much of a loss.

What I want today may change tomorrow. I already have 8 nice Rolexes and can be quite happy with what I have.

Comment

Your DJ looks really nice, It would be a shame to take a big loss.

Comment

Any TT Rollie seems to lose more in depreciation than the equivalent SS model. TBH I like the look of the YG and SS, and I have a TT GMT2 just for the look of the gold numerals on the bezel insert. So the TT Skydweller, if one came available with the right colour dial, at somewhere near list, would be on my list, as the odds of getting a SS one at list are. shall we say, quite remote, and I would not pay over list on principle.

Comment

Agreed, I won't pay over list. The AD never called. So for all intensive purposes I think this ship has sailed. There are some pieces that I may consider in m other hobby. I will know about that in a couple of weeks. I expressed interest to the seller but he seemed rather blah say for someone wanting to get cash.

Comment

Went to the AD today anticipating a crummy offer and was not disappointed. They offered 6k for my DJ and no disc on the SkyD despite it sitting in the case for months. NO WAY am I taking that loss. I didn't expect much more based on the market, knowing that they sell the watch to a grey and make a profit on both pieces. But I figured I'd get better treatment due to my 6 figure history with them. Just goes to show, the AD is out for themselves....I like the DJ and it stays with me.

Comment

They called a few hours ago and just got in a white dial SS Sky D. Still think the deal stinks and I am truly loathe to trade a TT MOP especially with RG for an all SS. It's a no go.

Comment

Working...
                              X