No announcement yet.

Potential trade deal...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good call - if you don't need to shift the DJ, keep it!

Comment

Well I did the deal. I couldn't part with the TT DJ MOP so I found a couple of other pieces that didn't get enough wrist time and were rapidly approaching service time. Neither was a Rolex. I had to pay a little more than I wanted to, but considering the demand for the SkyD, I bought it. Since I was keeping the TT DJ I opted for the SS White dial:

My point and **** camera is a piece de crapola, but you know what the watch looks like anyway. I am happy with it.
      Last edited by Rodentman; 10th February 2018, 01:56 PM. Reason: Had to delete photos. They are reposted below.

Comment

Looks lovely, cat doesn't seem impressed though, but when do they

Comment

Slightly envious as the amount of Rolex steel sports models hitting dealers in the UK is getting a bit scarce. The white dial isn't my first choice, but it is still a good looking piece. Good catch/ Hope you got rid of a Panerai......

Comment

Yes the cat isn't impressed by watches as he truly doesn't give a carp what time it is, but he DOES have other interests.

Comment

Bet he gets a lot of pussy friends!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                Slightly envious as the amount of Rolex steel sports models hitting dealers in the UK is getting a bit scarce. The white dial isn't my first choice, but it is still a good looking piece. Good catch/ Hope you got rid of a Panerai......
                I had 6 Panerai but am now down to 3. I have a 40mm 241 for which I'd get next to nothing, but I like it anyway. And a 176 titanium which is very nice. A 305 submersible rounds out the Panerai collection. The strap game makes them interesting as well. I have a lot of black dialed Rolex sport models and the SS Sky D blue would have been tempting but I like the white with the 2nd time zone dial in silver.

Comment

Here are the photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Beautiful watch, Bob, but when you said....

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                    I am considering trading my TT Datejust...for a TT Skydweller.
                    ...I thought you meant:

Yes, I know that Rolex call it White Rolesor for a combination of 904L steel and 18 ct white gold but the term TT, on forums from time immemorial, refers to steel and gold in the construction of the watch including bracelet, like your DJ in the picture above.

That beauty you've got is SS with a WG bezel.

Comment

Yes that was the original proposal, but with a black dial but at $17,150 it was quite a stretch. I DID want a TT in my box and was considering letting the TT DJ go if I could get the TT SkyD. BUT I got a last minute call that they got an SS in with MSRP of $14,400 so there's a reduction of $2,750 and I was able to unload a couple of other pieces and keep the TT DJ, which I REALLY wanted to keep. Sorry for the confusion. So now I am happy with these Rolexes: Sorry I don't have all the numbers memorized and I refuse to use cutesy comic book names.

SD from 2005
                      AirKing latest model
                      SS Daytona C Black dial
                      Deep Sea SD Cameron
                      Exp II White latest version
                      SkyDweller SS White dial
                      Sub C
                      DJ RG & SS Black MOP Romans
                      DJ 41 SS MOP Diamond Dial

Comment

Bob that sky dweller is lovely. I prefer the white dial over the blue and black.
                        A lovely collection you have.

Comment

Sky-Dweller looks really great, glad you got a deal done in the end, and in keeping the TT Datejust. Very nice collection.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. It's often fun to open the watch box and take a long look and consider how ridiculously lucky we all are!! Remember the thrill the days you bought those watches. Don't lose that excitement.

Comment

Working...
                            X