PVD DLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVD DLC

I have this it belonged to a family member , I am seeing what can be done too remove or can it be converted into something different ,

waiting to to hear what the options are

Has anyone heard of DLC being removed ? If so how ?.

I am hoping they they can replace engineer it to this

Comment

I did read something about it being removable on another forum very recently. Will see if I can find

Comment

Just had a google , Yes it is possible !

I am going too ask RSC they can only say No , I’m sure they will say no lol . Steve Hale ?

Comment

Seth,

Maybe he could fit new hands and bezel and remove his nasty coating ?

Comment

Well, that's certainly different! Anymore photos of the case and bracelet? It's hard to see clearly the extent of the vandalism from the photo posted.

Comment

A bastardised 116520, it’s just PVD coated , blue markers and hands . I thought it could either be re engineered into a DC08. By the company who originally carried out the work or new hands and bezel remove the DLC a nice stock black dial 116520 that’s worth something .

Comment

Maybe I'm being stupid here, but doesn't the coating just coat? Therefore, couldn't a skilled polisher remove the muck and take it back to the base metal? As for the hands, that must be an easy enough swap-out, just like the bezel?

Comment

That’s what I am hoping for , failing that change it

Comment

Just pop down to Screwfix and get a bench grinder with polishing wheel!

Comment

You could always take it to one of the companies that do the customisation in the first place and ask them to re-purpose it.

Interesting to see what the cost would be.

Comment

DIY - What could possibly go wrong!?

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                          You could always take it to one of the companies that do the customisation in the first place and ask them to re-purpose it.

Interesting to see what the cost would be.
                          That is the plan, It has sat around for at least ten years it wont be worn in this state so lets see what can be done .

I actually like the heritage DCO8 and that has a new bezel so would fix the bezel issue and grinding of the crown guards and bead blasting will hopefully fix the dlc issues .

Cost will be awful , but I don't see another option

Comment

How much would it sell for as is? That may work out cheaper than throwing more money at it and selling it later?
                            Where is the DLC damaged? If it's somewhere like a bezel then I would get a new ceramic bezel and fit that, change the hands and you will have a nice watch.

Comment

I would just put it up for sale as is and see what offers you get. You might be surprised at the market for customised black Rollies.

How bad is the damage to the finish?

Comment

Working...
                              X